“Crazy Burger” Aired On The Food NetworkJanuary 19th, 2010 - 8:33 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Monday, the crews of Crazy Burger along with Mike Maxton were featured on the show ‘Diners, Drive-ins & Dives’ of the Food Network. It was aired at 10 p.m. The restaurant was set up by Mike Maxton almost 15 years back. He had some innovative plans up his sleeves but was not sure if they will find favor with the foodies or not. He came up with the idea of introducing dishes like Vegan burgers and sausage. He remembers the time when the people who came at the restaurant asked him what he was doing. However, with time people started liking his innovative menus and he did not have to look back.
However, he admits that over the years the clientele has become more informed and aware about the varieties in menu. This he thinks can be attributed in the rise of the food shows on several TV networks. He is grateful to his customers and thinks that they have contributed in a major way behind the growth and popularity of his restaurant. Food network found the restaurant an ideal place to shoot for an episode for its “Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives”. It is quite evident that after this show the story of his restaurant will spread to a wider audience. The show was hosted by Guy Fieri.
The show covered three of the restaurant’s popular menu items- the Pacific Rim Rolls appetizer, the Whassupy burger and the Luna Sea burger. The success of the restaurant can be attributed to the owner’s innovative ideas and blend of non vegetarian and vegetarian items on its menu.
- Taco Bell founder Glen Bell dies at 86 (Update) - Jan 19, 2010
- Bill Clinton Named Person Of The Year By PETA - Jan 03, 2011
- Indian platter goes casual; eateries reap bounty - Oct 23, 2011
- Europe's oldest vegetarian restaurant on culinary crusade (With Images) - Aug 05, 2011
- Glenn Bell, The Founder Of Taco Bell Passes Away - Jan 19, 2010
- What draws you to a restaurant: social experience and a 'healthy menu' - Jan 14, 2011
- Navratri fasting turns into feasting in land of Nawabs - Mar 29, 2012
- Is Chelsea Clinton going to have a vegan wedding? - Jul 29, 2010
- McDonald's Makeover To Be Worth Billions Of Dollars - Apr 15, 2010
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- New Zealand couple served blood-soaked burger - Apr 24, 2010
- After acting, its food business for Yash Sinha - Jan 30, 2012
- Burger King Staff Fired After Francisco Perez Receipt Insults - Nov 19, 2010
- Johnny Rockets Gets To Meet Their "Undercover Boss" John Fuller - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: amp, appetizer, burgers, clientele, diners, dishes, dives, food network, foodies, guy fieri, innovative ideas, jan 19, luna sea, maxton, menus, pacific rim, ranjan, restaurant food, sausage, tv networks