Cookie Diet: Cookies In, Calories Out!March 18th, 2009 - 10:55 pm ICT by GD
People today are resorting to different means to shed those extra pounds. Whether it requires buying expensive exercise equipments or diet pills, they are very willing to go that extra mile to lose weight. However, the problem lies in the way it is done. People want a miracle, which is why they fall prey to gimmicks that promise quick weight loss with amazing results on their waist lines. Cookie diet seems to be just one among them.
Cookie diet is one of the fad diets that people are resorting to, in an attempt to lose weight fast. It is said that cookies suppress your appetite. The diet claims that the amino acids present in the cookies can control hunger.
The cookie diet requires one to consume 6 cookies instead of lunch and dinner and then have a normal dinner. The total calorie intake is said to be around 800 calories. Dr Sanford Siegal was the creator of the original cookie diet. During the 1980s, doctors all over the world started prescribing this diet to their patients to lose weight. Later, soups and shakes also formed a part of the diet, since they too contained amino acids that curbs hunger. The cookie diet gained a lot of popularity when the Hollywood stars started adopting this diet to lose weight.
However, one should remember that instead these diets only have a short term effect and can also prove to be unhealthy. A healthier option would be to resort to a healthy eating lifestyle, reducing the calorie intake in your everyday food and by introducing proper exercises in your daily regime.
- Weight Loss Cookie Diet by Dr Siegal - Mar 18, 2009
- "Cookie diet" too sweet to handle, says health expert - Oct 24, 2009
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Demystifying the diet jungle (To go with: Fall in love with food, says nutritionist-author) - Jun 27, 2012
- Dessert with breakfast can benefit dieters - Jun 26, 2012
- Weight loss supplements are no good - Mar 07, 2012
- Nicole Polizzi Alias Snooki Of 'Jersey Shore' Submits Herself To A Cookie Diet To Diminish Her Weight - Jun 20, 2010
- Women on dieting cycles seldom lose weight - May 23, 2011
- Kim Kardashian doesn't follow "Cookie Diet" - Dec 25, 2009
- Lose weight post-pregnancy - but don't rush it - Jun 15, 2012
- Heart hormone helps shape fat metabolism - Feb 07, 2012
- "Jersey Shore" Star Snooki On Cookie Diet To Lose Weight - Jun 20, 2010
- Kiwi experts' warning over fad diet using placenta hormones - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Fasting detoxifies the body, but don't overdo' - Aug 07, 2012
- Minimising fat with more exercise easy way to shed weight - May 07, 2012
Tags: amino acids, calorie intake, calories, cookie diet, curbs, diet cookies, diet pills, diet to lose weight, dr sanford siegal, everyday food, exercise equipments, extra mile, fad diets, gimmicks, healthy eating, hollywood stars, hunger, proper exercises, soups, waist lines