Consumer Reports rates ‘Jenny Craig’ as the best weight-loss programMay 11th, 2011 - 7:44 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, May 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Consumer Reports has released its ranking of diet plans for the year. This year, the consumer watch-dog reported that Jenny Craig is the best weight loss plan for people who want to shed some fat.
Other weight-loss programs like Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, The Zone and Atkins were all in the rankings. The naming of Jenny Craig’s weight-loss program as the best has got many people protesting. The diet-based weight loss program, according to the Consumer Reports estimates, has 22 points higher than all the other diet programs. Critics of the new ranking say there are more considerations than Consumer Reports used.
A New York City registered dietician and the author of “Cinch! Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds and Lose Inches”, Cynthia Sass, in an interview with FOX News said that, “People who are trying to avoid processed and packaged foods and eat more fresh, clean foods–being able to choose from only pre-packaged options isn’t ideal.”
The United States has one of the highest obesity rates in the world. The weight-loss market is potentially lucrative in the United States. Forbes reported that last year more than $46 billion was used on diet products in the country.
- Dukan Diet used by Kate Middleton could be dangerous - Mar 19, 2011
- 'Junk food firm, slimming group' tie-ups 'cashing in on obesity epidemic' - Jan 16, 2011
- Weight Watchers revamps popular diet plan - Nov 30, 2010
- No risk for weight reducers from high fat diets - Jun 01, 2011
- Six stress-busting foods that will make you feel better - Jan 16, 2011
- Women think more about food than sex: Study - Oct 02, 2011
- Weight Watchers' members lose twice as many kilos - Sep 08, 2011
- Know your diet personality type to cut your flab - Apr 18, 2011
- New Atkins diet unhealthy, says Kiwi dietician - Apr 05, 2010
- Weight Watchers Sues Jenny Craig For Offensive Advertisement - Jan 20, 2010
- The Heart Attack Grill that offers free Bypass Burgers for obese eaters! - Nov 11, 2010
- 'Weight-loss procedures lack standardization and proficiency' - Sep 11, 2012
- High-protein diet may lower bone density in postmenopausal women - Jul 08, 2010
- Kardashian sisters sued for $5 million - Mar 03, 2012
- Clinical trials show effective weight loss strategies for obese - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: atkins, cinch, consumer reports, consumer watch, cynthia sass, diet plans, diet products, diet programs, drop pounds, estimates, forbes, fox news, jenny craig, new york city, obesity rates, registered dietician, weight loss plan, weight loss program, weight loss programs, weight watchers