Confused where to dine out today? Just SMSMay 4th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) Looking for a restaurant to dine out with your family or need some personalised tips on how to arrange birthday and corporate parties or for that matter big, lavish weddings — the information is now just an SMS away.
A web portal www.planforme.com is offering all this and more.
“Our portal has recorded 125,000 hits per month. Now, we are adding another feature. One can just SMS us and we will send the information back,” portal’s Chief Executive Officer Sumit Goyal told IANS.
He said majority of requests are coming from people looking for dining out in Delhi and neighbouring Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad and Ghaziabad.
“In a place like Delhi, one hardly gets time to plan an outing. There is no dearth of food outlets. Keeping this in mind, we decided to take away all the anxieties of our customers and offer them a complete solution without much effort except a call or an SMS,” Goyal said.
The portal also helps customers plan birthday parties, wedding, anniversaries and corporate parties.
“Our portal not only provides personalised dining facilities but also plans big occasions like wedding, birthdays, anniversaries, corporate parties, bachelor parties and so on,” Goyal added.
Launched in August last year, the portal has added many features following requests from its users.
“Once a user suggested us to include links of e-greetings and online booking of cakes. We studied the market potential of the idea and now these links are part of our website. To simplify things for our users, we also have links like ‘Suggest a Restaurant’ on the site,” Goyal said.
The portal, with the logo “You wish”, also gives health tips and recipes. Besides, it also provides space to write testimonials sharing their experiences on the portal.
“We treasure the suggestions of our users and feel that they are very important to make our site user-friendly,” he said.
- Send out personalised paper cards this New Year - Dec 25, 2011
- Way2SMS reaches 20 million users - Sep 14, 2011
- Reliance Communications' R World to break language barrier - Feb 15, 2011
- Mobile advertising perfect for small firms - Sep 11, 2011
- Now SMS in local language with IMImobile's app - Sep 05, 2011
- Want to hold a party? Use free invitation online tool - Feb 17, 2012
- CVCs anti-graft portal proves a big hit - Jan 19, 2011
- Now, an iPad app that can predict what you want! - Apr 21, 2011
- Google to offer street view of Indian cities soon - May 26, 2011
- CVC launches website to fight corruption - Dec 09, 2010
- A Chennai restaurant's unique Saturday night dinner - May 25, 2012
- Bhupathi goes online to sell sports merchandise - May 25, 2012
- Reliance Communication partners to provide 3G data on R World - Dec 03, 2010
- Free ad service on voice calls unveiled in Karnataka - Jul 01, 2011
- Courtesy young enthusiasts, Japanese food takes a bow in India (With Images) - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: anxieties, bachelor parties, birthday parties, birthdays anniversaries, chief executive officer, complete solution, corporate parties, dearth, e greetings, faridabad, food outlets, ghaziabad, gurgaon, health tips, lavish weddings, neighbouring, New Delhi, noida, web portal, wedding anniversaries