Clothes steal show at Ganjam’s jewellery showAugust 18th, 2010 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 18 (IANS) Flamboyant and extravagant clothing line by a Japanese designer stole show at Ganjam’s exposition of exquisite collection of jewellery line at the ongoing India International Jewellery Week (IIJW).
The theme of the show was Enchanted Garden that was inspired by nature and had droplets of water, waterfalls, rose petals and stars for their line of opulent designs and detailed craftsmenship.
But much of attention from jewellery inspired by all that was drawn away by the clothes by Japanese designer Kazuo Ogawa. Elaborated and colourful gowns in myriad colours overshadowed the glittering necklaces, shimmering earrings, designer armlets (bajubandhs) and detailed bracelets.
In other shows at IIJW, it was ensured the clothes were kept subtle so that the focus remained on jewellery.
Umesh Ganjam, joint managing director, says their jewellery line can make a statement and can be teamed up with any kind of clothes.
“We believe our jewellery can go well with any kind of attire and yet make a statement because of the craftsmenship and detailed artwork that we have been nurturing through years,” Umesh told IANS after the show late Tuesday evening.
“We believe making fine jewellery is an art and we have been in the business for decades to undertsand the intricacies,” he added.
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- Indian designs sparkled at jewellery week (Review) - Aug 20, 2010
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Rosily Paul impresses with handmade jewellery at IIJW - Aug 01, 2011
- Bollywood glitters at India's first jewellery week inaugural - Aug 15, 2010
- Designer jewellery lures enthusiasts at an exhibition in Ludhiana - Sep 04, 2010
- IIJW ramp turns into wedding show! - Aug 03, 2011
- Zeenat outshines Mahima at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Sharmila Tagore walks the ramp at International Jewellery Week in Mumbai - Aug 19, 2010
- Women celebrities throng Amrapali's show at IIJW - Aug 20, 2010
- Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images) - Aug 02, 2011
- Vijay Golecha's dream; design jewellery for Rekha - Aug 01, 2011
- Making nuggets glitter at jewellery shows not easy: Fashion choreographers - Aug 19, 2010
- Zarine's double role - on the ramp! - Aug 03, 2011
- Jewellery week ends with Bollywood beauties stealing show - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: bracelets, clothing line, droplets of water, exposition, exquisite collection, india international, international jewellery, intricacies, japanese designer, jewellery show, kazuo, managing director, mumbai, myriad colours, necklaces, opulent designs, petals, tuesday evening, umesh, waterfalls