Cleaning the oven is the worst household chore for Brit residentsMay 9th, 2009 - 1:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 9 (ANI): It’s not just you who hates scraping burnt food and grease off the inside of the cooker, for two-thirds of British residents also believe that cleaning the oven is the worst household chore, according to a report.
The survey by market analysts Mintel has revealed that almost 66 percent of homeowners in UK have claimed that the arduous job of scrubbing the over is the most loathed task
Second most dreaded job is ironing, with 56 per cent of Britons saying they hate that chore more than any other.
Third in the league of the most detested chore is the tedium of cleaning windows, with 39 per cent of UK residents claiming it to be the worst household chore.
“These non-daily jobs such as cleaning the oven and windows are among the nation’s most loathed chores,” the Daily Express quoted Alexandra Richmond, Mintel’s Senior Analyst, Beauty and Personal Care, as saying.
She added: “With just one in seven of us having a cleaning routine, for many the jobs build up to such a degree that the chores become totally unpleasant and overwhelming. There is no doubt that preventing the backlog or sharing the chore makes these tasks less daunting.” (ANI)
- Most British women like doing housework - Nov 14, 2010
- 3 out of 4 women don't like to purchase 'dry clean only' clothing - Jan 16, 2011
- 70 pc of Brit women like doing housework - Nov 13, 2010
- Top ten things that irritate mums the most - Feb 02, 2010
- Over 2 in 10 Brits loathe Man U - Mar 28, 2011
- Household chores can send BP soaring! - Jan 14, 2011
- 59pct men 'go deaf' when asked to do chores - Jul 20, 2009
- Two workers burned to death in furnace - Mar 12, 2012
- Google staff to get servants as perks - Nov 02, 2010
- Working Aussie women refusing to share workload at home - Apr 17, 2011
- Now, robot maid for household chores - Jan 18, 2010
- Housework 'can be bad for the heart' - Jan 14, 2011
- Two thirds of women crave for a perfect pair of denims! - Jan 23, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson hates household chores - May 31, 2010
- Come spring, it's time to take up the mop and duster! - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: alexandra, backlog, british residents, britons, burnt food, chores, cleaning routine, cleaning windows, daily express, grease, household chore, market analysts, mintel, no doubt, personal care, richmond, senior analyst, tedium, two thirds, uk residents