CJ by Cookie Johnson is Oprah’s favorite brand of jeansOctober 23rd, 2009 - 10:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Cookie Johnson has launched a brand of jeans that are for ‘fit’ but curvy women. She wore them on Oprah Winfrey’s show and Oprah too swore by them, saying that they were her favorite also.
“The perfect jeans for real women with real booties,” she says. “For three days straight, I had on the jeans.” Even though she calls herself a “hard-core pajama girl,” Oprah says she wore the jeans for a five-hour flight–they were that comfortable.
Cookie Johnson had a hard time every time she went searching for a pair of comfortable denims. “Every time I would go to the stores, I put the jeans on and I couldn’t get them past my thighs. I thought: ‘I’m in good shape. I work out. I eat healthy. Why can’t I find a jean to fit me?’” Cookie says she eventually had a realization that changed the course of her career. “I said: ‘You know what, it’s not me. It’s the industry.’”
The secret to her success, she says, is stretch fabric.”My partner, Michael Glasser, is an expert at fabrics, and he searched all over and found these wonderful fabrics from Europe that had great stretch to them but were so comfortable at the same time,” she says. “We put a silk waistband inside the waist so they will be nice and comfortable. There’s a lot of different aspects to this jean that go to comfort.”
Cookie Johnson also shared her three rules for jeans shopping, “Are they comfortable to walk in? Are they too tight in the thighs? Do they come up high enough in the back to cover your goods? “If you can sit down and nothing comes out, that’s the pair of jeans for you,” she says.
The jeans come in the sizes of 2-18, and cost a bit on the steeper side at, $141 to $198.They can be found at popular stores like Nordstrom’s, Bloomingdale’s and Neiman Marcus.
The CJ Jeans can be bought from these locations,
- Cookie Johnson jeans for the fit but curvy women - Oct 24, 2009
- Cookie Johnson Introduces Jeans For 'Curvy But Fit' Women - Oct 23, 2009
- Cookie Johnson Jeans Bowls Oprah Winfrey Over - Jan 05, 2010
- The Oprah Winfrey Show : Oprah's Favorites - Jan 05, 2010
- Cookie Johnson Jeans: Expensive but ultimately awarding - Jun 16, 2009
- Gomez likes baking - Nov 20, 2011
- Oprah to don green Sabyasachi sari in Jaipur - Jan 20, 2012
- Now, PajamaJeans-the next level of lazy fashion! - Mar 06, 2011
- Nicole Richie, a mood dresser - Jul 08, 2012
- Gemma's love for jeans - Aug 13, 2011
- It's time India sets the trends: Neeru Kumar - Apr 07, 2011
- Sewing runs in the family: Gwen Stefani - Dec 28, 2011
- Oprah reveals family secret: A secret half sister who was put up for adoption at birth - Jan 25, 2011
- Two thirds of women crave for a perfect pair of denims! - Jan 23, 2011
- Olympic athletics: Deserved triumph for Merritt on good night for US (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,