Christian Louboutin to launch beauty lineMay 15th, 2012 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
London, May 15 (IANS) French footwear designer Christian Louboutin, famous for making shoes with red-lacquered soles, is now expanding his brand into a beauty line.
Louboutin will work in partnership with a New York-based beauty group on the new venture - Christian Louboutin Beaute.
“The beauty side of the business has to mirror the quality of the shoes, of the bags, of all the DNA of the brand,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted him as saying.
The shoe designer has declined to specify which categories the brand will cover, but he has promised that the goods will come with as much luxury as his shoes.
“The beauty adventure is a natural extension for someone like me, who likes to empower women and to be a part of creating beauty seems like the right next step,” he said.
- Christian Louboutin recreates Cinderella's slipper - Jul 06, 2012
- Black shoes sell less in India: Christian Louboutin - Mar 24, 2012
- Louboutin's gifting rules! - Nov 05, 2011
- Sexiness first for Christian Louboutin - May 27, 2012
- Heels are pleasure with pain: Louboutin - Apr 18, 2012
- Jimmy Choo to work with Rob Pruitt - Apr 14, 2012
- Blake Lively takes Lagerfeld's advice - May 06, 2011
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Kravitz turns designer - May 30, 2012
- After shoes, it's perfume now for Jimmy Choo - Oct 03, 2011
- Jimmy Choo creates men's shoes - Jan 20, 2011
- Jessica Chastain new face of YSL fragrance - Jun 09, 2012
- Nicola Roberts wants own shoe range - Jun 26, 2011
- Shoe designing, Denise Richards' new love - Dec 01, 2011
- Celine Dion owns 3,000 pairs of shoes - Dec 16, 2011