China’s Wen Xia Yu wins Miss World 2012 title, Vanya Mishra loses (Lead)August 18th, 2012 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Ordos (China), Aug 18 (IANS) China’s Wen Xia Yu was crowned the Miss World 2012 at a gala ceremony here Saturday.
Wales’ Sophie Moulds was adjudged the first runner-up, while Australia’s Jessica Kahawaty was the second runner-up.
India’s Vanya Mishra made it to the top seven spot but failed to progress further. She, however, did bag the titles of Miss Social Media and Miss Beauty with a Purpose.
In the semi-finals, the contestants were asked to perform on the music of their country and Vanya chose to dance on “Dil cheez kya hai” from 1981 film “Umrao Jaan”, which landed her a spot in the top seven finalists.
Last year’s winner, Venezuela’s Ivian Sarcos, crowned Wen as the new Miss World at the glittering ceremony held in Dongsheng Fitness Center Stadium here.
The competition saw 116 countries competing for the title.
- Miss World 2011: Kanishtha Dhankhar fails to make it to top 25 - Nov 07, 2011
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Beauty queen says she considered becoming a nun - May 31, 2012
- Miss US crowned Miss World 2010 (Lead) - Oct 30, 2010
- Soft-spoken American teen crowned Miss World 2010 - Oct 31, 2010
- Share your beauty tips, Vanya urges women (With Images) - Jul 03, 2012
- Angola's Leila Lopes is Miss Universe 2011 (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
- 24-year-old manual scavenger wins beauty pageant - Nov 19, 2011
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- Ms Russia is Miss World ''08, Ms India 1st runnerup - Dec 14, 2008
- Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhood - May 07, 2012
- Miss Gibraltar is Miss World 2009 - Dec 13, 2009
- Jalandhar girl wins Femina Miss India World title - Mar 31, 2012
- Mexico's Jimena Navarrete wins Miss Universe pageant - Aug 24, 2010