China Fashion Week kicks offMarch 25th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 25 (Xinhua) Young designers from 18 countries are participating at the China Fashion Week that was kicked off in Beijing with simplicity as its theme.
The designers showed their creative ideas as they competed for the 17th International Young Fashion Designer Contest - the “Hempel Award”, according to Wednesday’s China Daily.
Most dresses flapping down the runway were one-piece concoctions, featuring straight cuts, cold and simple colours.
White, black, dark-blue and brown were the only colours used to express the spirit of the show: “simple is best”.
“Simplicity is always in vogue, but this year it attracts more attention because of economics,” said Shi Zhiqiang, Time Out Beijing fashion editor.
“China’s fashion circle is not as influenced by the recession as those in the foreign countries, but we too won’t see fancy garments with much embellishment in this year’s fashion week,” Shi said.
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Scientist, designer create bodysuit to fend off malaria - May 09, 2012
- LFW: Jatin Verma, Vizyon showcase a glamorous, gothic collection - Aug 04, 2012
- Organic cotton and silks get rave reviews at WIFW - Oct 26, 2010
- Neeru Kumar pays tribute to Indian fabrics at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Designing for 'Cocktail' was easy: Anaita Shroff (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
- Turn on unisex fashion this winter - Nov 24, 2011
- Experimentation pushes creativity at Pakistan bridal week (Review) - Dec 22, 2011
- Masked men steal hearts in multi-designer show - Sep 04, 2011
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Debarun Mukherjee's love for saris continues at LFW - Mar 04, 2012
Tags: beijing, china daily, china fashion week, concoctions, creative ideas, dark blue, designer contest, embellishment, fashion designer, fashion editor, foreign countries, garments, hempel, recession, simplicity, straight cuts, time out, vogue, xinhua, young fashion