Chidambaram to inaugurate annual conference of CBECMay 28th, 2008 - 8:40 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): Finance Minister P. Chidambaram will inaugurate the two-day All-India Annual Conference of the Chief Commissioners and Directors General of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), here tomorrow.
The Conference will commence with the performance appraisal of the Department in key areas such as revenue collection, enforcement, trade facilitation, and the opportunities and challenges before the Department followed by a session on the status of automation initiatives in CBEC and the expectations from the field formations in this regard.
It will also deliberate upon measures to raise compliance level in Service Tax as well as issues relating to Special Economic Zones (SEZs).
There will be a session on recent developments in International Customs, which cast obligations on Customs administrations. Other important issues such as the current trends in smuggling and commercial frauds, Department’s preparedness in terms of equipments to meet these challenges, dispute resolution, and human resource development will also be discussed.
Minister of State for Finance (Revenue) S. S. Palanimanickam will preside over the valedictory function on May 30. (ANI)
- FM to inaugurate Annual Conference of Chief Commissioners & Directors General of Customs and Central - Sep 07, 2009
- Pranab to inaugurate conference of CCS and DGS of Customs, Central Excise and Service Tax on Tuesday - Jun 14, 2010
- Tax officials meet to discuss effective governance - Jun 03, 2012
- India to revamp economic intelligence agency - Apr 05, 2011
- Government will fight economic winter with full force : Mukherjee - Sep 08, 2009
- India to aid Ethiopia in implementing customs valuation system - Jun 16, 2011
- Breaking the glass ceiling in India's tax administration - Aug 06, 2012
- Notice to central government on Adani Power Ltd petition - May 10, 2011
- India's tax departments go green - Aug 16, 2011
- Finance Minister outlines measures to 'improve governance' - Feb 28, 2011
- Budget aimed at encouraging voluntary compliance: Revenue Secretary - Mar 03, 2011
- Over 11 lakh duplicate PAN numbers detected till date - Aug 05, 2011
- MAT imposed to stop tax distortion: Official - Apr 13, 2011
- Extra efforts needed to achieve tax targets: Pranab - Jun 08, 2011
- Tax targets revised upwards: Pranab - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: automation initiatives, cbec, central board of excise, central board of excise and customs, chief commissioners, commercial frauds, compliance level, current trends, economic zones, excise and customs, finance minister, human resource development, international customs, key areas, minister of state, p chidambaram, performance appraisal, preparedness, recent developments, trade facilitation