Chewing gum can give you wrinklesMarch 11th, 2010 - 12:57 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 11 (ANI): A constant gum-chewing habit can cause wrinkles to pop up, health experts warn.
People who chew gum compulsively are likely to develop wrinkles around their mouth, according to doctors.
As per Dr. Joel Schlessinger, a dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon from Omaha, Neb., many of his patients who chew gum regularly have developed these wrinkles, reports The New York Daily News.
“I think the gum is responsible to some degree for it,” he told MSNBC.
As for the link between gum and wrinkles, cosmetic surgeon Dr. Hema Sundaram, of Washington, D.C., told MSNBC that chewing gum causes people to overuse their jaw muscles.
“I believe chewing gum promotes muscle over-activity and potentially breaks down support tissue within the skin, contributing to volume loss and perhaps loss of skin elasticity,” she said. (ANI)
- Say goodbye to wrinkles with new 'vampire filler'! - Oct 30, 2010
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- Got a migraine? Get a 'brow-lift'! - Nov 11, 2010
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- Aussies as young as 20 turning to Botox - Apr 29, 2010
- Botox can actually cause wrinkles - May 11, 2010
- Love your smartphone? Then check out the negatives too - Mar 20, 2011
- Chewing sugar-free gum can reduce calorie intake - Oct 28, 2009
- Facial Toning Exercises Make You Look Younger By Removing Wrinkles - Aug 25, 2010
- New treatment to banish gum disease in 5 hours - Sep 26, 2010
- Botox 'may help women with vaginal spasms that prevent them from having sex' - Feb 26, 2011
- Mystery behind protrusion on Jolie's face - Feb 20, 2010
- Now, look younger without going under the knife: Study - Aug 06, 2010
- Old makeup can cause eye infections, fungus - Mar 15, 2011
- For soft summer skin, cut out fizzy drinks, eat healthy - Apr 24, 2010
Tags: chewing gum, cosmetic surgeon, doctors, dr joel, habit, health experts, hema, jaw muscles, msnbc, new york daily news, omaha neb, skin elasticity, sundaram, volume loss, washington d c, wrinkles, york daily news