Carey Mulligan doesn’t want to be thinDecember 12th, 2010 - 6:06 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 12 (IANS) British actress Carey Mulligan insists she doesn’t want to set a bad example by being too thin.The 25-year-old actress has often denied that she has any eating disorder and revealed that she used to be a strict dieter but it only made her unhappy, reports express.co.uk.
“I was very thin at the beginning of ‘An Education’ and I remember the scene where I’m dancing and you can see my spine. Yuk. I would never want to be so thin that someone would think it was a good idea to be thin and make themselves miserable. I would never want to set a bad example,” she said.
“Earlier I used to deprive myself of that glass of wine. Put that pizza away. But it was not fun. I look back and it’s really, really not worth depriving yourself,” she added.
- I never really set out to be a film actress, says Carey Mulligan - Jan 15, 2011
- Mulligan set to return to theatre - Jan 14, 2011
- Don't go for drastic diets, says Hathaway - Jul 11, 2012
- Carey Mulligan doesn't feel sexy - Dec 10, 2010
- Mulligan back to Britain post-split from LaBeouf - Oct 18, 2010
- Haven't seen myself naked for decade: Mulligan - Jan 17, 2012
- Carey Mulligan all set to star in the adaptation of 'The Great Gatsby' - Nov 17, 2010
- Mulligan to get breakthrough star honour - Oct 22, 2010
- It's Judi Dench not Cruise for Mulligan - Sep 19, 2010
- Too much fame terrifies Rooney Mara - Nov 01, 2011
- Mulligan has no interest in fashion - Feb 11, 2011
- Mulligan weds Mumford - Apr 23, 2012
- Carey Mulligan to play Eliza Doolittle in 'My Fair Lady' remake - Mar 26, 2010
- Carey Mulligan terrified of driving - Sep 10, 2010
- Knightley signed 'Never Let Me Go' for Mulligan - Jan 11, 2011