Canadian model taking Google to courtJanuary 9th, 2009 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 8 (IANS) Canadian model Liskula Cohen, who has worked for the likes of Armani and Versace, is taking Google to court in an attempt to force the company to reveal the identity of an anonymous cyber-bully.The 36-year-old Cohen is the victim of a vicious blog ‘Skanks in NYC’, which is hosted by Google-owned platform blogger.com.
“I was shocked and embarrassed to see photo captions and commentary used to describe me as a promiscuous woman who is filthy, disgusting, foul and a whore,” vogue.co.uk quoted Cohen as saying.
While acknowledging that it is difficult to identify anonymous bloggers, Cohen’s lawyer Steven Wagner is confident that taking Google to court in order to get the name will prove successful.
- Liskula Cohen wins right to unmask blogger - Aug 19, 2009
- Vogue model sues Google over blogger''s ''skank'' comment - Jan 06, 2009
- Liskula Cohen: Former Vogue Covergirl To Sue Debunked Blogger - Aug 19, 2009
- Rosemary Port's Case Revisited In Carla Franklin's Complaint - Aug 19, 2010
- Model Cohen drops defamation suit against blogger - Aug 23, 2009
- YouTube sued for 'derogatory' video by Toronto cop - Oct 18, 2010
- Rosemary Port: The Anonymous Blogger To Sue Google For Revealing Her Identity - Aug 24, 2009
- British kids call police after bullying on Facebook - Apr 13, 2012
- Big B harassed by blogger; files complaint - Aug 29, 2010
- Remove derogatory content against Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Google told - May 10, 2012
- LittleGossip.com allows you to make obscene comments - Dec 22, 2010
- 'Bitchy' website lets pupils make anonymous comments about each other - Dec 22, 2010
- Google pulls out of China, sends Chinese visitors to Hong Kong - Mar 23, 2010
- Versace does not fear recession - Jan 10, 2009
- Google removes racist image of Michelle Obama - Nov 25, 2009