Buy a house first to marry in ChinaJanuary 8th, 2012 - 11:29 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 8 (IANS) Marrying in China seems to have turned a Herculean task for the male fraternity with majority of the women viewing ownership of an apartment as a pre-condition to marriage, a survey has found.
In a survey, conducted on the status of marriage and relationships in China, nearly 70 percent of the women interviewed regard having an apartment as a pre-requisite for men to ask for marriage, China Daily quoted a media report as saying.
The survey of 50,383 women was released jointly by the Committee of Matchmaking Service Industries of the China Association of Social Workers and baihe.com, a matchmaking service provider.
The survey also showed that 80 percent of the single women believe only men who make more than 4,000 yuan (over $630) a month deserve to have a relationship with a woman.
It also revealed that 24.6 percent of those born after 1990 started their first love while in the middle school, and 3.3 percent in primary schools, while the figure for those born before 1970 stood at 3.6 percent and 0.6 percent, respectively.
- Chinese women prefer men who own house - Dec 24, 2010
- Chinese parents play cupid on Valentine's Day eve - Feb 14, 2011
- Single at 29: Shanghai women feel 'leftover' - Mar 08, 2012
- 70 percent Chinese have pre-marital sex: Study - Apr 10, 2012
- Most Chinese youth don't discriminate homosexuals - Feb 14, 2012
- Malaysians seek brides from Vietnam, China - Jul 25, 2010
- Marriage trends among young are changing: Shaadi.com founder - Feb 24, 2011
- Only 15pc of Brit women who cheat get caught by partners - Dec 02, 2010
- 70 percent Chinese were happy in 2011 - Dec 23, 2011
- Kids may be killing your marital joy - Jul 03, 2012
- 70 percent Chinese feel happy in 2011 - Dec 24, 2011
- Women can be more promiscuous than men - May 19, 2012
- Women more likely to cheat than men, reveals survey - Dec 31, 2010
- Divorced Indian men prefer single women when marrying again - May 03, 2011
- Exercise can also trigger female 'coregasms' - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: apartment, association of social workers, china association, china beijing, china daily, first love, herculean task, male fraternity, marriage, marrying in china, matchmaking service, regard, relationship, relationships, service provider, single women, yuan