Butlers, discounts…Hotels pack in delights for Games visitorsSeptember 29th, 2010 - 11:30 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) High-end hotels have lined up much more than a warm welcome for Commonwealth Games visitors! Awaiting them are discounts at spas, personalised butler services, complimentary access to clubs, theme-based cocktails and culinary delights as part of special packages.By Sugandha Pathak
While a few five-star hotels have come up with varied tariff rates for rooms and other facilities targeted at tourists who are here for the Oct 3-14 event, others are still designing the packages.
The ITC Welcome Group of Hotels has planned a package which includes discounts at their spa Kaya Kalp and Commonwealth Games special package from Wednesday till Oct 18.
The package rate starts from Rs.17,500 plus taxes and the services included are buffet breakfast, two-way airport transfers and Rs.1,000 credit on food and beverage per night.
The Taj Group of Hotels has a variety of tariff discounts on their rooms to suit the guests’ needs.
“In our special Commonwealth Games package, the Taj club rooms will cost Rs.27,000 plus taxes, executive suites Rs.45,000 plus taxes and Taj club executive suite Rs.55,000 plus taxes,” Taj hotels director of public relations Kirti Dhingra said.
“Complementary access to our clubs (jacuzzi, health club, sauna, etc) is also planned. Also, a 24-hour personalised butler service at the Taj Mahal and Taj Palace hotels,” she said.
Dhingra added that the Ambassador Hotel (one of the hotels of the group) will have relatively cheaper priced rooms with the executive rooms for Rs.20,000 plus taxes and superior rooms for Rs.18,000 plus taxes.
The Shangri La, apart from designing special tariff rates for its rooms, is concentrating more on the food and beverages (F&B) section. The hotel’s Island Bar will telecast the Games during the sporting extravaganza.
To live up to the sporting spirit, the hotel’s cafe Uno gives a stadium-like feel and will have a 24-hour service for serving hard and soft beverages.
“While the theme-based decor of the bar gives a stadium-like feel to the place, there is also an exclusive theme-based cocktail menu and a selective list of wines,” a public relations official from the Shangri La said.
“We have also introduced exotic salads, a variety of continental and Indian snacks, a delicious line-up of desserts and culinary creations by our chefs,” he added.
The Imperial Hotel is offering specially-designed packages for single woman travellers apart from the discounted room tariff package for the Games which starts from Rs.12,500.
“Special luxury rooms are provided for our single lady travellers to make their visit delightful and a safe experience. This would include buffet breakfast, in-room internet and personalised airport pickup,” said Vijay Wanchoo, senior vice president of The Imperial.
“Other added features are in-room check-in, a dedicated lady traveller corridor, 24/7 service by lady staff and special amenities for women,” he added.
The hotel also has various discounts on long and extended stays.
Other hotels in the city like the Oberoi and the Park have also come up with similar discounts and special tariff rates for the Games.
Thousands of athletes and officials from 71 countries and territories will participate in the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games - the biggest sports event to be hosted by India since the 1982 Asian Games. Thousands of foreign tourists are also expected in the country to witness the event.
(Sugandha Pathak can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Radisson Blue Resort to target Russian, South African tourists - Mar 08, 2012
- Extra drinks on sixes and wickets - at pubs, restaurants - Mar 30, 2011
- Luxury tax sop for Delhi budget hotels - Aug 23, 2010
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Post 26/11, palace wing at Mumbai's Taj gets ultra-luxe - Aug 13, 2010
- Service tax proposal retrogressive: Tourism expert - Mar 08, 2011
- Exemption limit for luxury tax on hotel rooms hiked - Jul 26, 2010
- Games tourists - will they come in droves? - Sep 19, 2010
- Mumbai's Taj welcomes guests to grand palace wing - Aug 15, 2010
- Park Hyatt hotel opens in Hyderabad - Apr 27, 2012
- Himachal sop for senior citizen tourists - Sep 27, 2011
- Wah Taj! Kashmir's first luxe resort opens its doors (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Gujjar protest makes Jaipur hoteliers to lure residents in absence of tourists - Dec 31, 2010
- Daiwik Hotels to have five properties in two years - Jul 18, 2012
- Indian travellers are spoilt for choice - May 26, 2011
Tags: ambassador hotel, buffet breakfast, butler service, butlers, club executive, club sauna, commonwealth games, executive rooms, executive suite, executive suites, five star hotels, food and beverages, hotel one, kalp, pathak, s cafe, shangri la, taj group of hotels, taj palace, tariff rates