‘Bunny lines’ can reveal if a person has had BotoxOctober 15th, 2009 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Oct 15 (ANI): Looking for tell-tale signs of cosmetic surgery on a person’s face has become easier, thanks to the bunny lines that appear after one has had Botox injections.
Bunny lines are the subtle crinkly wrinkles on both sides of the nose that often appear as a direct result of Botox-related paralysis, and they get their name from the cute way bunnies scrunch up their noses.
“The most common cause of bunny lines is repeated use of Botox to the glabella, the area between the eyebrows, and forehead region,” the New York Post quoted Park Avenue plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Schwarcz as saying.
“The muscles on either side of the nose become hyperactive with smiling to overcompensate for the lack of movement in the forehead and around the eyes,” he said.
Celebs such as Nicole Kidman, Mickey Rourke, Sylvester Stallone and Renée Zellweger all have them.
But Botox is also the only way one can eradicate the bunny lines, which often times occur naturally.
“When people find these lines objectionable, Botox is the best way to eradicate them,” Dr. Lawrence Reed of the Reed Center for Plastic Surgery said.
“Very often when I’m using Botox to treat the crow’s-feet around the eyes, the patient may request that I treat the bunny lines as well,” he added. (ANI)
- 'Real Housewives' star Jill Zarin admits to getting a 'liquid facelift' - Apr 21, 2011
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- Kardashian game for cosmetic surgery - Jun 30, 2012
- Has Shane Warne undergone plastic surgery? - Aug 12, 2010
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- Nocedure-the better botox sans the telltale signs - Dec 29, 2010
- Megan Fox rubbishes botox rumours - Jul 10, 2011
- Surgeons weigh in on Demi Moore's 'youthful' looks - Apr 17, 2010
- Salma won't go under the knife - Oct 13, 2011
- Simple surgery will correct crossed eyes - Feb 14, 2012
- Growing number of Malaysian men turning to cosmetic surgery - Aug 22, 2010
- Alex Reid had a nose job - Apr 19, 2010
- Aussies as young as 20 turning to Botox - Apr 29, 2010
- Kim Kardashian Reveals To Have Tried Botox - May 27, 2010
- Blythe Danner Admits Taking Help Of Botox - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: botox, cosmetic surgery, dr lawrence, dr robert, eyebrows, forehead, glabella, lawrence reed, mickey rourke, muscles, new york post, nicole kidman, noses, paralysis, park avenue, plastic surgeon, plastic surgery, signs, sylvester stallone, wrinkles