Budget Grocery Shopping IdeasSeptember 10th, 2010 - 12:48 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) With the economy still floating along in the red, and so many people cutting back in any way they can, budget grocery shopping ideas can come in handy, especially for families. Read further for a few ideas for saving money at the grocery store, while still managing to bring healthy, quality meals home for your loved ones to enjoy.
1) Plan your meals ahead of time. By making a menu, and writing it down, you already have an idea of what foods you will need to buy when you get to the store. It will also make life much simpler during the week, when you get off from work and come home to try and decide what’s for dinner.
Having a planned menu, and making a habit of getting the evening’s food out to thaw ahead of time saves the “I don’t care, whatever you want to cook,” and” Well I forgot to get anything out to thaw,” conversations from happening.
2) Once the menu is planned, you should be able to make a list of what foods you will need. Making a grocery list before you go to the store, and sticking to it is very very important if shoppers are to have any hope in cutting back on food costs. Going into a store without a strict idea of what you will be buying is one of the mistakes which many people make.
3) Check out the sales! When making that menu and grocery list, keep the weekly sales paper from your local grocery stores nearby, and be sure to take advantage of any sales which are going on. When there is extra cash, stock up on those sale items which you know you will need again soon.
4) Buy in bulk. Getting family packs of everything from meat to chips can save lots of money, even if you do not have a large family. Taking home large packages, and bagging it in smaller ones at home can save lots of cash in the long run.
5) Clip coupons. This one should really be up there with writing your grocery list, but when you sit down with the sales papers and menu, writing your grocery list, don;t forget to take advantage of any coupons you may have.
These are a few ways to save money while shopping for groceries. With a little planning and consideration, your family can eat healthy on a budget!
- Here's how you can stick to your healthy eating resolution - Jan 21, 2011
- Digital wallets will subsume paper money in 30 years: Sam Pitroda (Interview) - Sep 11, 2010
- Can apps help us keep our New Year's resolutions? - Dec 26, 2010
- FDA wants restaurants' to post calorie count of each meal in the menu - Apr 05, 2011
- Travel easy with diabetes (Health Feature)(With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Rachael Ray: Extreme Couponing, Salma Hayek - Sep 21, 2011
- Tips on 'Where to buy an used pickup' - Dec 20, 2010
- Frugal coupon mom or free coupons - Mar 03, 2009
- Scherzinger bargains for groceries - Mar 20, 2011
- Winter Clearance Sales Tips One Should Know - Jan 07, 2011
- How to minimize stress this holiday season - Dec 12, 2010
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Bangkok's insect food: protein-rich cricket cookies, bamboo-worm pizzas (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- From humble loaf to slice of multi-grain joy (With Images) - Mar 11, 2011
- What Would You Do If You Won A Lottery? - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: budget, buy in bulk, chips, clip coupons, conversations, economy, extra cash, food costs, grocery list, grocery shopping, grocery store, habit, i don t care, ideas for saving money, local grocery stores, lots of money, quality meals, shoppers, stock