BSF foils infiltration bid along the Indo-Pakistan borderMay 9th, 2008 - 6:07 pm ICT by admin
Srinagar, May 9 (ANI): Director General Of Border Security Force (BSF) Ashish Mitra said on Friday that an infiltration attempt from across along the India-Pakistan border in the Samba sector in Jammu and Kashmir has been foiled.
An Indian border observation post in Samba sector of Jammu came under heavy firing late night on Thursday when an Indian soldier foiled an infiltration bid from across the border, which has been fenced by India.
“There is a hiding place in the rivulet near the border post. When our soldier heard the sound of cutting of the fence, he got alerted and found a man cutting the fence to enter into the Indian side and he immediately opened fire. After that the man ran and along with him five-six others also ran back and then there was heavy firing from the other side of the border. We have found 220 empty cases and grenades, said Mitra.
After they opened fire, we did the same. Because the soldier at the border was vigilant, the infiltration attempt was not successful,” he added.
A news agency report quoting highly placed sources in the BSF said that the suspected militants fired nearly 1000 rounds and hurled 16 grenades at the BSF post.
There is no report of casualty on the Indian side.
The BSF, however, said it would be premature to say that the Pakistani rangers were directly involved of in the incident.
Director General of BSF Ashish Mitra is currently in Jammu and Kashmir to review the security situation. (ANI)
- BSF trooper injured in firing by Pakistani Rangers - Dec 30, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire, infiltration foiled (Second Lead) - May 01, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani forces trade fire, infiltration foiled (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - May 01, 2010
- India, Pakistan troops exchange fire, infiltration bid foiled - May 01, 2010
- BSF opens fire near Jammu border - Jun 29, 2011
- Security forces foil infiltration bid in Jammu region - May 01, 2010
- Pakistan fires at Indian border post - Aug 15, 2011
- Tunnel incident against India-Pakistan CBMs - Aug 02, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Dec 29, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Jan 13, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid along international border - Mar 09, 2010
- Are there more tunnels on India-Pakistan border? - Jul 29, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- BSF steps up vigil to foil infiltration bids in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 10, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid on J-K border - Jan 26, 2010
Tags: ashish, border post, border security force, director general, grenades, hiding place, india pakistan, indian border, indian soldier, infiltration, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, mitra, observation post, pakistan border, pakistani rangers, rivulet, security situation, srinagar, suspected militants