Brown Bag Lunch Ideas For KidsJanuary 7th, 2011 - 7:52 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Kids are quite fussy about their eating habits, especially when it comes to going to school. This is because they cannot devote as much time on eating in school as they can do at home. Moreover, some children also love to be the center of attraction during their lunch break, in order to grab the attention of other kids and throw a mini meal party to their friends. As a result, packing the correct brown bag is often a subject of concern to many moms.
Since your child is carrying the lunch to school, make sure that it does not litter in his school bag. Therefore, try to keep the meal as dry as possible. Also ensure that it is enriched with the proper nutrition. To make your kid happy, and at the same time keep him healthy, opt for grilled food. A mixture of meat, vegetables, eggs, all grilled together would be a good treat. You may also opt for small meat pies, filled with other vegetarian stuffs, along with the meat, to give your a kid a balanced diet. If preparing a pie seems time consuming, opt for sandwiches with thrilling stuffs, like mushrooms, tuna fish, sausages, sweet corn, chicken etc. A good base like peanut butter, mayonnaise, mustard sauce and spices like oregano and red chilly would also add wonders to your child’s brown bag.
If that does not end his fuss, then try to make the lunch as colorful as possible with colorful bell peppers and fruits. If he has a sweet tooth, then place a nice dry dessert like a cake, pastry or a sweet pie, garnished with cherries and dry fruits, to complete his meal.
- Chubritza to lokum, delightfully Turkish - in Kolkata! (Eating Out With IANS) - Jun 12, 2011
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Feasting all night long - at Jama Masjid of course (Feature) (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Feast on yam leaf, jungle asparagus when in Himachal (Feature with images) - Jun 08, 2011
- Vivid platters for Eid this year (With recipes) - Nov 06, 2011
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- Pumpkin Pie recipes - Nov 24, 2011
- Move over mithai, cookies are here to sweeten Diwali - Nov 03, 2010
- The Rachael Ray Show: Ultimate Tip Off Show 3 - Feb 09, 2010
- Whole Kids foundation to focus on childhood health - Jul 28, 2011
- Schools Cut Lunch Options for the Kids Who Cannot Pay - Feb 22, 2011
- 10 quintessential cocktails for all occasions! - Jun 20, 2012
- How to make fussy eaters fall in line? - Jun 28, 2011
- Indulge - but sensibly - to stay fit this New Year - Dec 29, 2010
- New weight loss plan, 'The 17 Day Diet', goes viral - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: balanced diet, brown bag lunch, brown bag lunch ideas, center of attraction, colorful bell peppers, dry fruits, eating habits, grilled food, lunch break, lunch ideas for kids, mayonnaise, meat pies, mini meal, mustard sauce, proper nutrition, s brown, sweet corn, sweet pie, sweet tooth, tuna fish