Brits are the world’s worst touristsJune 5th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 5 (ANI): Theres nothing that has tour operators and hotels the world over shuddering than British holidaymakers, recently topping the list of The World’s Worst Tourists.
They are notorious for drunken behaviour, general rudeness and for not being able to speak a word of the local language.
The verdict comes from a survey of European hotel chains by the travel company Expedia.
Not only were Britons regarded as rude, messy and loud, they were criticized for eating nearly as much as Americans, reports The Sun.
By contrast, the Japanese, American and German tourists were the best-behaved visitors.
The survey of more than 4000 hoteliers found that the British were still one of the worst at speaking the local language.
In spite of their shortcomings, Britons are often liked by hoteliers because they spend plenty of money. They were second only to the Americans in this category.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Americans were voted the loudest on holiday, followed by the Italians and the British; the Japanese and Germans were the quietest.
The Americans were also voted the least polite; the Japanese the most polite.
The Germans were praised for their tidiness and for usually leaving their bedrooms spotless before the maid arrived. (ANI)
- Japanese tourists voted world's best, French worst - Jul 09, 2009
- World's worst and best tourists revealed in new survey - Jul 09, 2009
- Skycanner survey reveals that the worst tourists are Brits - May 05, 2011
- British women world's ugliest tourists - Sep 04, 2010
- Travel firms accused of fixing prices - Aug 01, 2012
- Why holidaying Brits declare themselves 'pregnant' to French waiters - Oct 27, 2010
- Russians are world's worst tourists, suggests poll - Aug 28, 2009
- What will you miss during foreign tour - Mar 24, 2012
- Two in three Britons cannot speak any foreign word - Nov 19, 2011
- Japan most holiday-deprived nation in developed world - Jun 24, 2010
- Agra despairs over Western advisory - Oct 26, 2011
- Expedia's list for top hotels of 2011 is out - May 26, 2011
- Tourists visit Taj Mahal under Supermoon - Mar 20, 2011
- Russians nudge Britons from top in Goa - Mar 22, 2012
- Japanese voted Worlds Best Tourists, Indians among worst - Jun 24, 2008
Tags: bedrooms, british holidaymakers, britons, european hotel, german tourists, germans, hotel chains, hoteliers, hotels, italians, melbourne, money, rudeness, shortcomings, spite, sun, tidiness, tour operators, travel company