British woman grows cannabis to pay for boob jobMarch 29th, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 29 (IANS) A 23-year-old woman in Britain allowed her house to be turned into a cannabis farm as she desired the money for breast surgery.
Kirsty Hartley, who has two children, allowed a drug dealer to set up a drug factory in her home after he promised her 8,000 pounds ($12,733) to spend on cosmetic surgery, the Sun reported.
She was arrested after police swooped on the house in Bristol city and found 32 cannabis plants growing there.
Bristol Crown Court heard Hartley had been promised the money by a dealer if she allowed him to grow the plants, which could produce drugs worth 16,000 pounds ($25,467).
Hartley occasionally watered the plants and tended them as the dealer expressed helplessness to do so.
- 20-year-old spends 20,000 pounds on cosmetic surgeries - May 23, 2011
- Russia may legalise cannabis for industrial use - Sep 23, 2011
- Kate Middleton's uncle in sex, drugs shame invited to wedding - Feb 21, 2011
- Kirstie Alley loses 90 pounds - Jun 22, 2011
- Himachal women on mission to uproot cannabis (Feature) - Jul 12, 2011
- Drugs worth $2.3 mn seized in Ireland - Sep 21, 2011
- Searching for cannabis, British cops come across alligator - Jun 20, 2012
- Breast implants expose cocaine baron - Jul 18, 2011
- Police raid home as dog wrongly smells cannabis - Dec 28, 2011
- Britons growing cannabis in spare rooms - Sep 26, 2011
- Frankie Sandford finally reacts to Una Healy's baby bump - Nov 04, 2011
- Britain's drug lord wants to run empire from prison - Nov 25, 2011
- Kirsty Gallacher sorry for son's 999 call - Apr 06, 2011
- Cannabis worth $1 mn found in Australian house - Dec 13, 2011
- Carson Hartley may never be able to speak - Jan 04, 2011