Brit women have 50mn unwanted skincare products!April 19th, 2010 - 5:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 19 (ANI): Brit ladies have over 50 million skincare products, which they will never use, according to a study.
The average woman spends 5,940 pounds on beauty products during a lifetime.
And 81 per cent of women confessed of having at least two unopened products in their bathroom cabinet even though they had no intention of ever using them.
Skincare experts have said that this waste is because women not really know what their skin needs.
In the The Body Shop Nutriganics study, most women claimed to know their skin type and are confident they are using the right products.
However, more than half admitted they would never had a proper skincare assessment.
In 15 per cent of cases, women just use the same skincare they used as a teenager.
And 11 per cent of the 1,886 who took part in the study said they had held on to products that were more than four years old.
“This research shows many women are worryingly unaware of the importance of looking after their skin,” the Daily Express quoted Stephane Chambran, from The Body Shop International, as saying.
“Factors such as age, health, hormones and even the weather can all have an effect on women’s skin, making skin consultations and regular skin check-ups important at whatever time in life.
“The right skincare regime is just as important to health and beauty as the right bra, shampoo or foundation,” she added.
Just under half of the women surveyed revealed they spent only five minutes or less a day on skincare. (ANI)
- Chinese youth turn metrosexual - Nov 20, 2011
- I don't believe in crash diets: Zarine Khan - Sep 29, 2011
- The heat is on! Dos and don'ts for hair care - Jun 01, 2012
- Clean right, eat right for healthy hair this monsoon - Aug 08, 2012
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- DMAE Skin Cream Controversy Goes On - Feb 09, 2011
- Jacqueline Bisset To Endorse Avon Products - Aug 28, 2010
- Expired cosmetics 'put women's health at risk' - Nov 12, 2010
- Are you wearing the right bra? - Mar 09, 2011
- Campaign launched against animal testing for cosmetics - Apr 24, 2012
- Beauty business thrives in Africa - Sep 18, 2009
- 10 do's and don'ts for a healthy, glowing skin - Nov 15, 2010
- Bundchen's 'poison' sunscreen comment was a 'translation error': Rep - Feb 09, 2011
- Now, 'Nearly Naked' lingerie that blends perfectly with your skin tone! - Feb 04, 2011
- New affordable range of Shahnaz Husain products - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: 50 million, age health, bathroom cabinet, beauty products, body shop, check ups, consultations, daily express, five minutes, health and beauty, health hormones, intention, shampoo, skin check, skin type, skincare products, stephane, unopened products, ups, weather