Brit sets record for worlds biggest jigsaw puzzle!July 31st, 2008 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 31 (ANI): A British man has completed the worlds biggest jigsaw puzzle comprising of 24,000 pieces after six months.
Eric Smith, 73, a retired sales manager, completed the 12ft by 6ft jigsaw with pictures of dolphins and boats in 179 days.
Eric, who has lost just three pieces in 30 years of making jigsaws, removed the furniture out of the room and got a special table to complete the enormous puzzle.
This is the nicest jigsaw Ive ever done and Im really chuffed at how quick I have done it, the Sun quoted Eric, as saying.
It has about 10 or 12 different puzzles inside one giant puzzle, I was really pleased to complete it, Ive enjoyed spending two or three hours a night on it, he added.
Apart from Eric Smith only one other person in Britain is thought to have completed the puzzle.
I seem to have a knack of doing jigsaws well I cant walk past one without finding a couple of pieces and putting them in, Eric said. (ANI)
- Man spends 7 years on jigsaw, finds one piece missing - May 17, 2010
- Man spends 7yrs solving jigsaw puzzle - only to find one piece missing! - May 17, 2010
- Pensioner completes 5,000 piece jigsaw after maker sends missing piece - May 19, 2010
- Worker assembles dinosaur dolphin fossil piece by piece - Sep 27, 2010
- New pieces in ancient Roman map puzzle to be unearthed - Aug 18, 2010
- I forgot about Father's Day, says Andre - Jun 19, 2012
- 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' a masterful spy tale (IANS Movie Review) - Dec 30, 2011
- 'Safe House'-a snappy, serious thriller (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 18, 2012
- Nicest guy Dravid phenomenal: Watson - Mar 09, 2012
- Prince Charles' official online shop sells Wills, Kate jigsaw puzzle - Mar 21, 2011
- Queen's jigsaw puzzles on display at Sandringham - Apr 03, 2010
- World Bank to help save Ganga dolphins - Jan 12, 2011
- Lee has new tricks to contain World Cup batters - Jan 19, 2011
- Pattinson, Stewart to reshoot 'Twilight' bits - Apr 16, 2012
- Farrah Fawcett's iconic red swimsuit to become a museum piece - Feb 03, 2011