Bridesmaids on fitness spree to avoid wedding day bluesApril 20th, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 20 (ANI): Brides often go an extra mile to look their best for the wedding. But now bridesmaids are also being forced to shape up for the big day.
The bridesmaids are hiring personal trainers or attending bridal boot camps as they feel that they might be letting the bride down if they didn’t lose weight.
“No one wants to have fat wedding photos,” the Courier Mail quoted Bianca Aiono, a personal trainer on the Sunshine Coast who is working with more bridal parties than ever before, as saying.
“I think everyone’s so motivated to have those photos that they can really remember and be confident in,” she added.
Fernwood Women’s Health Clubs also run a special program for brides and their bridesmaids called Operation Wedding Dress.
“It’s growing in popularity. I think there’s a lot more pressure placed on the bridal party from the brides these days to look their best,” said Nic Linford, Fernwood’s national programs manager.
Sarah Torrisi, 23, who got married on April 17, had her six bridesmaids in personal training for the past two months to get ready for the D-day.
“I wanted us to feel better and fitter and to look good for the wedding,” she said. (ANI)
- Brides, keep foundation low and make skin glow - Sep 26, 2010
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- Indian brides cast off red - for purple, pink, mustard! - Sep 23, 2010
- Indian women should try messy, classic look: French hairstylist (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani to design for Upasna-Ram Charan wedding (With Image) - Jun 12, 2012
- Manish Arora opens Bridal Week with colour, eccentricity - Oct 30, 2010
- Botox brides! To wed, 30 plus women visit cosmetic clinics - Dec 04, 2010
- Brazilian brides face fine for being late - Feb 10, 2011
- Vikram Phadnis designing Sara, Ali's wedding outfits - Nov 08, 2010
- Actresses Neha Dhupia, Prachi Desai walk the ramp at Mumbai's India Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Insecure UK brides pick fat bridesmaids to make themselves look good! - Jul 06, 2010
- Here's a collection for the flirtatious bride - Aug 28, 2009
- Mumbai set to host bridal week - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: boot camps, bridal parties, bridal party, brides, bridesmaids, courier mail, d day, extra mile, fernwood, health clubs, linford, personal trainer, personal trainers, personal training, spree, sunshine coast, torrisi, wedding day blues, wedding dress, wedding photos