Brewdog ‘End of History’ Beer Packaged in Dead AnimalsJuly 23rd, 2010 - 10:31 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
July 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a publicity stunt type packaging ploy, ‘BrewDog’ of Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire has not only created a beer that they claim to be stronger that whisky and vodka, but they packaged the beer inside the “stuffed” bodies of dead squirrels and hares.
The stunt, which was deemed “cheap marketing tactics” by animal rights activists, was to place twelve bottles of their newly developed beer, dubbed ‘The End of History of Ale’ and placed them inside seven dead stoats, four dead squirrels and one dead hare.
A taxidermist which is located in Doncaster created the dead-animal packaging which was said to have come from animals who were already dead. The animals were reportedly not killed for this purpose, and some of them were allegedly struck by automobiles. Some of the “packages” were clothed ..in such items as a kilt and a top hat.
The brew, which is said to be 55% alcohol volume, which would supposedly make it the world’s strongest beer, is to be served in a shot glass or whiskey glass, and ”to be enjoyed like a fine whisky,” according to the brewer.
According to the website, the packaging plan worked, and ‘The End of the History of Ale’ has sold out, at prices such as £500.00 for the Stoat, and £700.00 for the Grey Squirrel.
- British firm brews world's strongest beer - Jul 23, 2010
- UK firm creates 'world's strongest beer' with 41 per cent ale - Feb 17, 2010
- World's strongest beer being served inside dead animals - Jul 24, 2010
- Brit firm launches world's strongest beer at $762 a bottle - Jul 23, 2010
- Scottish brewer Brewdog have made the strongest Beer in the word - 'The End of History' - Jul 23, 2010
- Dutch brewer beats Scottish company to claim world's strongest beer title - Jul 30, 2010
- 'World's Strongest Beer' launched in UK - Nov 28, 2009
- Homebrew Kits To Accelerate The Process Of Homebrewing - Jan 11, 2011
- Steroid-packed beer contains Olympic banned substances - Jul 26, 2012
- Beer gets makeover in Oz with infusion of different flavours - Mar 01, 2011
- Oz firms develop first beer that can be consumed in space - Mar 01, 2011
- US brewer sorry, says it's renaming 'Kali-Ma' beer - May 15, 2012
- US brewery angers Wiccan community with Witch's Wit label - Oct 29, 2010
- Scottish Punk beer may be banned over overtly aggressive description - Nov 19, 2008
- Now a beer brewed exclusively in White House - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: aberdeenshire, alcohol, animal rights activists, automobiles, dead animal, dead animals, dead squirrels, grey squirrel, kilt, marketing tactics, ploy, publicity stunt, shot glass, stoat, strongest beer, taxidermist, top hat, vodka, whiskey glass, whisky