Bras bought from UK high street fitters have ‘room for socks’ in cups!January 25th, 2010 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 25 (ANI): Bra fitting services at high street stores in the UK fail to deliver the right fit to customers, suggests a study.
A survey headed by consumer champion Which? sent volunteers, aged 25 to 75, to buy underwear at six retailers including Debenhams, la Senza and Marks & Spencer.
Experts reckoned shoppers who underwent worst fittings may as well pick “something off a market stall”, with around a quarter of the 70 fittings earning scores of zero.
“Whatever their bra size, women want to look good. Heading to the high street for a fitting might seem like a simple solution, but the results we found were shocking - one bra was so poorly fitted there was room for a pair of socks in the cups,” the Scotsman quoted Jenny Driscoll, from Which?, as saying.
“If stores are going to offer this service to customers they need to up their game: do it properly or don’t do it at all,” Driscoll added.
David Morris, principal lecturer in contour design at De Montfort University, who was also on the panel along with consultant bra technologist Gillian Spencer and lecturer and technical designer Laura Savery, explained: “A good fitter will choose the right brand and style or wire shape for the individual’s body, and check fit and comfort.
“A larger bust will generally need a firmer fit, more supportive back elastic and a more reinforced fabric. A well-fitted bra can make a big difference to your profile and how you feel.”
Annette Warburton, head of lingerie buying for Debenhams said: “Our research has shown that the vast majority of customers are happy with the Debenhams’ bra fitting service and we work hard to make sure we provide a welcoming, professional service.” (ANI)
- Now, inflatable bra that gives 'boob job-effect' - Dec 08, 2009
- Liverpool girls have biggest boobs in Britain! - Oct 10, 2009
- Cougar effect boosts lingerie sales among middle-aged women - May 01, 2010
- Now, 'frontal enhancement' pants to boost men's bulges - Oct 10, 2010
- Manish Arora, Narendra Kumar tie up with Debenhams - May 18, 2011
- Now, 'Nearly Naked' lingerie that blends perfectly with your skin tone! - Feb 04, 2011
- Victoria's Secret's store opens in UK - Jul 24, 2012
- Mel B pops out of cake at 10th anniversary of Ultimo - Sep 03, 2009
- Robert Pattinson inspires new range of underwear - Jul 27, 2010
- Recession-hit UK couples helping boost lingerie sales - Jul 06, 2009
- World's first ever carbon neutral bra goes on sale in UK - Apr 14, 2011
- Burke to create charity clothing line - Nov 12, 2011
- Girls going for big pants after Lady Gaga - May 30, 2009
- Cleavage enhancing bra to be UK's cheapest - Jun 14, 2010
- New M&S 'boob job' bra set to hit UK shelves - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: bust, consumer champion, contour design, de montfort university, debenhams, driscoll, fabric, fitter, gillian spencer, jenny, la senza, market stall, pair of socks, principal lecturer, professional service, savery, scotsman, shoppers, simple solution, size women