Bomb found and defused near BangaloreAugust 2nd, 2008 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore , Aug 2 (ANI): After the July 25 serial blasts that rocked this city, another bomb was found and defused late on Friday night from Channapatna, about 70 kms from here.
Director General and Inspector General of police R Sri Kumar said that the bomb was a small and a very low intensity explosive and without any timer. It was placed in a small tin and was found by a local villager, who informed the police. It was later defused by the bomb disposal squad.
Sri Kumar said explosive was found near a lake and it has been sent for further testing.
A day after the IT capital was rocked by nine low-intensity serial blasts, a live bomb kept in a cement flowerpot near a shopping mall in posh Koramangla area was defused by the police. (ANI)
- Four injured in Lahore serial blasts - Jul 17, 2010
- Agra blast: Search on now for veiled woman 'patient' - Sep 19, 2011
- Two blasts in Pakistan city - Feb 09, 2011
- Cracker powder used in Agra blast - Sep 18, 2011
- Blasts target rail tracks in Pakistan - Feb 27, 2012
- Delhi court blast suspect arrested in Ghaziabad (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Four injured in blast at Agra hospital near Taj Mahal - Sep 17, 2011
- Crude bomb found near Bangalore cricket stadium - Apr 18, 2010
- Three bombs defused in Allahabad (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 09, 2010
- Maudany's hand suspected in blasts at Chinnaswamy stadium - Aug 24, 2010
- 'Anti-sabotage checks not made outside Bangalore stadium' - Apr 21, 2010
- LeT car-bomber module busted in Srinagar - Jun 14, 2012
- Twin blasts in Lahore injure six - Jun 26, 2010
- Bomb blast averted in Karachi - Jul 20, 2012
- Low intensity bomb defused in Ranchi - Jun 16, 2010