Bollywood ladies stick to the sari at National Film AwardsSeptember 9th, 2011 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 9 (IANS) Malaika Arora Khan left her thigh-high slit dresses back home in Mumbai and covered up in a black and maroon sari for the prestigious 58th National Film Awards ceremony here Friday. Others like singer Rekha Bhardwaj and actress Mahie Gill too looked elegant in the six-yard wonder at the event.
Malaika was in attendance to receive the award for the best popular film providing wholesome entertainment for “Dabangg”, of which she is one of the three producers. She was dressed in an embroidered sari, with minimal make-up. The bold and beautiful “Munni” girl, who is known for her glamourous dressing, added zing to her look with large, traditional earrings.
Singer Rekha, who received the best female playback singer award for “Badi dheere jali” from her husband, filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj’s movie “Ishqiya, looked earthy in a traditional red and gold sari. She chose the ethnic look with a big, round, red bindi on her forehead, and accessorised her attire with bangles and earrings.
She enthralled the audience with her live performance as she sang her award-winning number as melodiously as she did in the film, which won a total of four National awards including best audiography, best audiography (re-recording), best music direction and best female playback singer.
“Dev D” actress Mahie Gill, who was recently seen in Ram Gopal Varma’s “Not A Love Story”, looked pretty and sophisticated in a blue sari with a border of paisleys. She matched it with a fuschia-coloured blouse, and grabbed due attention as the host of the prestigious event, along with actor-filmmaker Rajat Kapoor.
Actress Zarina Wahab was spotted in a mustard sari, while Deepti Naval looked elegant in black.
- Regional over Bollywood at 58th National Film Awards - Sep 09, 2011
- Suresh Wadkar, Rekha Bhardwaj mesmerise at National Film Awards - Sep 09, 2011
- I'm very proud of Vishalji, Rekha ma'am: Priyanka Chopra - May 20, 2011
- I missed my parents after getting the award news: Rekha Bhardwaj - May 20, 2011
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- 58th National Awards: Six couples among recipients - Sep 06, 2011
- Men in black, beauties in gowns ruled IIFA green carpet - Jun 06, 2010
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Ranbir, Vidya win top IIFA honours - Jun 10, 2012
- Bollywood's women power dazzles at IIJW - Aug 03, 2011
- Tamil, Malayalam movies sweep top national awards (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- I've always admired Rekha: Vidya Balan - Feb 18, 2012
- My joy multiplied with Rekha's win: Vishal Bhardwaj (Interview) - May 20, 2011
- Desi girls opt for western outfits for IIFA green carpet - Jun 26, 2011
- Salman Bhai carries ornaments best: Malaika - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: bindi, deepti naval, due attention, jali, malaika arora, malaika arora khan, music direction, national awards, national film awards, paisleys, playback singer, prestigious event, rajat kapoor, ram gopal varma, rekha bhardwaj, sari, vishal bhardwaj, wholesome entertainment, winning number, zarina wahab