Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj KhoslaAugust 28th, 2010 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) It was a perfect blend when Bollywood and cricket came together for designer Manoviraj Khosla on the second day of the Van Heusen India Men’s Week (VHIMW) here Saturday.
Officially marking the beginning of the presence of showstoppers at the three-day gala, the fire on ice coloured collection called “Sunshine in the Dark” had three known men walking the ramp for the designer - actor Kunal Kapoor and former cricketers Sanjay Manjrekar and Nikhil Chopra.
“It’s a fun collection which can be used in parties or for formals. And Kunal is a good friend and he looks really good on the ramp,” Khosla told IANS after the show.
“While the idea behind using cricketers was because we are also promoting the Champion’s League, so there was this whole drama of them taking on my clothes first and then taking it off to display their game T-shirts,” he added.
While Kunal looked dapper in a black collarless check and striped jacket with black pants, the cricketers wore smart lowers with dark sherwanis before taking them off for the sports sweat shirts.
“It’s always great to walk the ramp as while you are walking all eyes are on you,” said Kunal.
In an attempt to thread poetry with fashion, the line displayed 46 funky designs in bright and shocking colours mixed with black, a variety of whites, off whites and beiges over a green runaway.
“I like to use colours and a lot of black. I’ve mixed it all up. And the green ramp complimented the collection,” Khosla told IANS.
“Men’s fashion has really come of ageâ¦ If women can wear black, men can wear colour,” he quipped.
The collection boasted of a lot of layering with a hint of kalamkari which flared into colours like shocking pink, orange, green and yellow.
The fabrics used were velvet corduroys, silk, linen, cotton, organic and a lot of blends over a variety of jackets with embroidery. Zippers dominated the collection.
The VHIMW goes on till Sunday.
- Anil Kumble, Dino Morea charm as VHIMW showstoppers - Sep 11, 2009
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Katrina, Imran bring curtains down at VHIMW - Sep 05, 2011
- Flush of colours Manoviraj Khosla's show - Sep 04, 2011
- 'Psychic killers' steal show at men's fashion week - Aug 27, 2010
- Joy Mitra brings 'Malgudi Days', Sharmila Tagore to ramp - Apr 07, 2011
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Irrfan Khan walks ramp for Rohit-Abhishek at mens week - Sep 04, 2011
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- Wendell Rodricks impresses with vibrant men's week debut - Aug 29, 2010
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- Designer pays tribute to armed forces at men's fashion week - Aug 28, 2010
- Shantanu-Nikhil impress with 'deforestation' collection - Aug 27, 2010
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: black men, corduroys, cricketers, fire on ice, formals, fun collection, funky designs, good friend, kalamkari, khosla, kunal kapoor, lowers, nikhil, perfect blend, ramp, sanjay manjrekar, sherwanis, showstoppers, sweat shirts, van heusen