Bismillah Khan’s disciple to play at Varun’s wedding (Lead)March 5th, 2011 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
Varanasi, March 5 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party MP Varun Gandhi’s wedding with Kolkata-based graphic designer Yamini Roy Sunday at the Kamkoteshwar Temple here will see shehnai maestro late Bismillah Khan’s son-in-law and disciple Ustad Ali Abbas render the ragas of his legendary teacher.
The marriage ceremony would be performed Sunday morning inside the hall of the temple, said Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati, who along with other priests, will perform the wedding rituals.
Meanwhile, Abbas and his group have been rehearsing for the day since they were approached some 15 days back.
“It’s quite heartening that Varun’s wedding will take place here… We will make every effort from our side to make the wedding memorable,” Abbas told reporters here Saturday.
“I and my group will render the same tunes my ustad (Bismillah Khan) used to play during auspicious functions and ceremonies,” he added.
“We would play the popular old song ‘Jhumka gira re, Bareilly ke bazaar mein…’ composed in the Purvi tone and would render several auspicious tunes,” said Abbas.
Earlier in the day, Gandhi’s Haldi rasm (a pre-marriage ceremony) was performed at a simple function held in the premises of the temple.
“Both of them (Gandhi and Roy) will lead a happy life. Their wedding ceremony will continue from 6:30 in the morning till 8:30 a.m.,” Saraswati told reporters
Gandhi and Roy attended Saturday’s ceremony in simple dresses. While Gandhi wore a cream-coloured kurta-pyjama, Roy was dressed in a light pink saree.
A limited number of guests had been invited.
- Bismillah Khan's disciple to play at Varun's wedding - Mar 05, 2011
- Varun Gandhi's wedding rituals start at Varanasi - Mar 06, 2011
- Varun Gandhi ties the knot, aunt Sonia misses ceremony (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2011
- Varun marries Yamini Roy in Varanasi (Lead) - Mar 06, 2011
- Varun Gandhi ties knot in Varanasi - Mar 06, 2011
- Varun meets Sonia, invites her to wedding - Feb 16, 2011
- Sonia, Rahul to be invited for Varun's wedding: Maneka - Sep 27, 2010
- Varun's wedding reception cancelled - Mar 01, 2011
- Mr and Mrs Vivek Oberoi’s Reception On Sunday In Mumbai - Oct 30, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: Sara And Ali's 'Haldi' Ceremony Takes Place - Nov 11, 2010
- Asha Bhosle's never heard before dance number released - Dec 30, 2010
- 33 young artists honoured with Akademi award - Mar 07, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Ceremonial initiation of kids to learning alphabets in Kerala - Sep 28, 2009
Tags: ali abbas, bazaar, bharatiya janata party, bismillah khan, disciple, graphic designer, haldi, happy life, jayendra saraswati, kurta pyjama, legendary teacher, maestro, marriage ceremony, number of guests, priests, ragas, varun gandhi, wedding ceremony, wedding rituals, will make every effort