Biden not shy to express his take on girlsNovember 4th, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 4 (ANI): Telling voters in this swing state that change is on the way, Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden said he is not shy to express his view of the origin of womens strength.
Biden greeted a crowd primed for the home stretch of this long campaign with as much energy as hes had in the last two months on the trail as well as some typical Bidenese, FOX News reported.
The latest was about his sister, Val, his wife Jill, and Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill, who introduced the Bidens at the rally of 1,100 people in the gym at Longview Community College.
Biden called his sister a girl-boy, meaning a tomboy, and then explained that girl-boys are softer than girl-girls.
You know why I think Jill likes Claire McCaskill so well, Senator McCaskill? Jill is one of five sisters, Claire is one of three sisters. And I tell you what, you women raised with sisters are different than women raised with brothers, Biden said as both women joined him on stage.
My sister is smart, runs every one of my campaigns; is beautiful; graduated with honors from college; is homecoming queen. But shes a … she is what I call a girl-boy growing up, you know what I mean?
And I tell you what? Girl-girls are tougher than girl-boys, he said.
But there’’s one important thing I noticed. The great thing about marrying into a family with five sisters, theres always one that loves you. Cause you can count on splitting them a bit. You know what I mean?
In his speech, Biden followed with a self-described Freudian slip, in which he confused John McCain and George Bush.
Biden argued that electing McCain would mean four more years of Bush Administration policies, but as is always the case with the Delaware senator, a routine line delivered hundreds of times on the trail can still be an adventure. (ANI)
- US senator brands Indian IT majors 'chop shops' - Aug 08, 2010
- Infosys is like a 'chop shop, increase H1-B visa fees: US senator - Aug 09, 2010
- Missouri Senator Says Up To 6600 Graves At Arlington Could Be Misidentified - Jul 29, 2010
- McCain has blood of peaceful civilians on his hands: Putin - Dec 15, 2011
- I never considered myself a maverick: McCain - Apr 15, 2010
- WikiLeaks: Bollywood stars should tour Afghanistan, said US diplomat (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- McCain commends Obama on bin Laden killing - May 02, 2011
- Polls show McCain gaining lead among women after Palin pick - Sep 11, 2008
- McCain's visit sparks debate in Kashmir - Aug 18, 2011
- Best way to end Pakistan's support for terrorist groups is to win Afghan war: McCain - Mar 16, 2011
- McCain lauds improving security in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- John McCain says 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki is 'too good looking' to go to jail - Aug 12, 2010
- McCain like 'Alice in Wonderland' March Hare: Russian speaker - Dec 07, 2011
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
Tags: administration policies, bidens, claire mccaskill, delaware senator, five sisters, four more years of bush, fox news, freudian slip, girl boys, girl girls, home stretch, homecoming queen, joe biden, john mccain, longview community college, missouri senator, senator claire mccaskill, senator mccaskill, swing state, wife jill