Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFWAugust 6th, 2012 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 6 (IANS) Designer Bhairavi Jaikishan showcased an elegant variety of Indian cocktail wear for women here at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week-Winter Festive 2012. Known for using pastel shades and deep necked blouses, for the first time she used deeper colours and designed high necked blouses.
“My collection is based on evening cocktail wear. It is not only traditional, it is young and stylised. I have used deeper colours like midnight blue, ivory, mustard, burgundy and black for the first time. I usually stick to pastels,” Jaikishan said.
The collection was an interesting mix of contemporary yet traditional Indian wear like lehengas, saris and the lehenga sari. For most of the saris, she used net and it had silver and gold work on it.
“The lehenga-sari is very interesting. It has the style of a lehenga with the grace of the traditional sari,” she said.
The exquisite range of blouses had heavy work with embellishments on both the neck and the back. The nude coloured provided an interesting contrast with the saris and lehengas.
“All my blouses have high embellished necklines which omits the need to wear any jewelled neck pieces with the outfit,” the designer added.
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- Pallavi Jaikishan goes traditional at LFW - Aug 04, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Anjalee-Arjun Kapoor bring no fuss collection for brides - Sep 03, 2010
- Why not marry in your mom's wedding sari? - Mar 26, 2011
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Deepika Govind's new designs mix style, power - Nov 15, 2011
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: blouses, burgundy, cocktail, elegant variety, embellishments, exquisite range, gold work, ivory, lakme fashion week, lfw, mumbai, mustard, neck pieces, necklines, new style, pastel shades, pastels, sari, saris