Beer drinkers more likely to have early sexJune 24th, 2012 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 24 (IANS) Men and women who enjoy a pint are 60 percent more likely to sleep with someone early in a relationship, statistics show.
This applies to both gay and straight people, according to Christian Rudder, a Harvard graduate who set up dating website OKCupid, Daily Mail reported Sunday.
After analysing the profiles and interactions of hundreds of millions of users, Rudder found that beer-drinking was the most useful indicator of whether people are likely to have casual sex.
He also found the three questions that best predicted whether couples would actually go on to have a long-term relationship.
While many people thought the best questions to ask would be about someone’s views on sex, smoking and God, he found that you could predict compatibility more than twice as well by asking these three questions:
1) Wouldn’t it be fun to chuck it all and go live on a sailboat?
2) Do you like horror movies?
3) Have you ever travelled around another country alone?
The data suggests that compatibility on sensation-seeking may be even more important than more obvious compatibility testers such a date’s opinion on religion, sex, and smoking, observed Psychology Today magazine.
- Here's why Guinness tastes better in Ireland than anywhere else on earth - Mar 08, 2011
- Are you cued into your sex appeal for success in dating? - May 29, 2011
- Women more nostalgic than men about sex with ex - Sep 21, 2012
- Casual hook-ups can turn into meaningful relationships: Study - Aug 22, 2010
- Meet the women who analyses people's DNA to arrive at a perfect match! - Jul 11, 2010
- Few pegs make people seem more enticing - Apr 02, 2012
- Twitter users' romantic relationships don't last long - Apr 22, 2011
- Bottoms Up Beer dispenser fills mugs 9 times faster than beer taps! - Jan 25, 2011
- Online hookups don't always lead to unsafe sex - May 24, 2011
- What stuff white people really like - Golfing, Harley Davidson and Ghostbusters - Sep 11, 2010
- Most users of online dating sites fib about age, height and weight - Aug 30, 2010
- British women admit one-night stands on holidays - Jun 19, 2012
- Frequent tipple halves rheumatoid arthritis risk - Jul 11, 2012
- More Sex Partners For iPhone Owners - Aug 12, 2010
- Thursdays best for sex and Wednesdays to find love - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: beer drinkers, casual sex, christian rudder, compatibility, couples, daily mail, harvard graduate, horror movies, june 24, long term relationship, men and women, pint, profiles, psychology today, psychology today magazine, sailboat, sensation, sex london, sex smoking, sleep