Beckham first man to grace Elle magazine coverMay 31st, 2012 - 5:02 am ICT by IANS
London, May 31 (IANS) Soccer ace David Beckham has become the first man to be featured on the cover of fashion magazine Elle.
“David Beckham is a national hero. He is an icon and Elle is known for featuring icons on its cover. This is a first for us on the newsstand and I believe he is loved by men and women alike,” magazine editor Lorraine Candy was quoted as saying by dailymail.co.uk.
“Anyway, who doesn’t want to see a picture of one of the world’s most handsome man on the front cover of a magazine? It will be a collector’s issue,” she said.
Beckham was photographed by Doug Inglish for the magazine and will feature in a 11-page spread.
- Timberlake, West named most stylish men of 2011 - Dec 17, 2011
- Actress Carey Mulligan best dressed woman of the year - Nov 05, 2010
- Beckham named 'Sexiest Man On The Planet' - Jan 31, 2012
- Emma Watson named Style Icon at Elle Style Awards - Feb 15, 2011
- David Beckham to launch new fragrance - Jul 23, 2011
- Posh upset over missing out on Vogue cover - Sep 07, 2009
- Beckhams not splitting - Jun 26, 2010
- Prostitute sues David Beckham - Oct 04, 2010
- Beckham wants to buy soccer team - Jul 31, 2011
- David Beckham to design long johns - Sep 23, 2011
- Spanish soccer star to wed journalist - Mar 14, 2012
- Tom Cruise wants to make movie with Beckham - Dec 15, 2011
- Beckham visits sick kids - Dec 06, 2011
- Plus size beauties adorn Vogue Italia's cover page - Jun 03, 2011
- Victoria Beckham gets anti-ageing facial - May 22, 2012