Average couple has 135 rows a yearJanuary 7th, 2010 - 1:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 7 (ANI): An average couple has 135 tiffs a year, a new UK study has found.
According to the survey by Esure home insurance, couples spend 40 minutes a day on average arguing about household chores.
And the biggest cause of domestic dispute is leaving clothes strewn around the house, the study of 1,000 men and women found.
Almost a third of the quizzed admitted using their work as an excuse for not doing household chores, reports The Daily Express.
Mike Pickard, of esure home insurance, said: “Forgetting to take the rubbish out or making a shoddy DIY attempt may not seem like serious crimes but as the research shows, domestic chores and household responsibilities can cause arguments in even the most stable of relationships. More importantly, putting off home improvements, not fixing broken or faulty appliances, trying to conceal damage or spillages and leaving DIY jobs half-finished or poorly completed could all turn into hazards around the home and result in hefty bills and even more rowing.” (ANI)
- Average family sofa in UK witnesses 293 rows, 1,369 cuddles - Oct 21, 2009
- Household tasks still divided on traditional lines in UK - Apr 18, 2011
- Absence does make the heart grow fonder! - Jun 28, 2012
- Bosses can spot late-for-work excuses - Nov 19, 2009
- 1 in 10 Brit couples only chat by email or text - Oct 06, 2010
- Average Brit carries at least 3 useless keys - Mar 10, 2011
- An average couple bickers 2,455 times a year - May 20, 2011
- 22pc of drivers don't wear seatbelts: UK study - Jun 29, 2010
- Coronation Street 10 times more dangerous than average Manchester street - Nov 29, 2010
- Average Brit couple argues 312 times a year - Jan 19, 2011
- Household chores can send BP soaring! - Jan 14, 2011
- Housework 'can be bad for the heart' - Jan 14, 2011
- Good design can slash energy consumption - Apr 05, 2012
- Women still work double shifts, as men offer no help: Study - Oct 27, 2010
- Some career women still enjoy doing household chores - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: appliances, clothes, couples, daily express, diy, domestic chores, domestic dispute, excuse, home improvements, home insurance, household chores, household responsibilities, jan 7, london jan, men and women, mike pickard, quizzed, relationships, rubbish, serious crimes