Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpetApril 22nd, 2011 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) Three Indian actresses - Aishwarya Rai, Sonam Kapoor and Freida Pinto - will walk the red carpet at Cannes this year on different ocassions. Ash, a regular at the prestigious gala for last 10 years, feels with “both beautiful women” India will have a “stronger presence”.
“Several countries have always had more than one L’Oreal Paris spokeswoman at Cannes and I’m glad India is finally getting the same recognition. I am happy that with Sonam and Freida, both beautiful women, being invited to the festival this year, India will have a stronger presence, which is a clear sign of the growing importance of the country,” Ash said in a statement.
Aishwarya, who celebrates a decade of representing L’Oreal Paris at Cannes, will walk the red carpet at the opening ceremony of 64th Cannes International Film Festival May 11. She will also attend the opening gala cocktail and dinner. She is scheduled to attend various events the next day.
“Being at Cannes for L’Oreal Paris has been an absolute pleasure and to experience this for the 10th consecutive year has been quite overwhelming,” she said.
The three Indian beauties will represet India for cosmetic brand L’Oreal Paris at Cannes and for the first time the brand is taking three spokeswomen representing India to the event.
L’Oreal Paris has been the official make-up artist of the festival for 14 years and this is the first year Freida and Sonam will represent it at Cannes.
Sonam, who will walk the red carpet May 15, said: “It has always been my dream to walk the red carpet at Cannes and it is soon going to be a reality thanks to L’Oreal Paris. I look forward to meeting actors and filmmakers from the world over and attending screenings of some interesting films. But what excites me the most is meeting the L’Oreal Paris international dream team of make-up artistes and seeing how they transform me for one of the most glamorous red carpets in the world.”
Freida will represent L’Oreal at the amfAR (The American Foundation for AIDS Research) dinner and after-party May 19. The event, co-sponsored by the brand, aims at raising money for the fight against AIDS.
“It is every actor’s dream to attend this festival but I am especially privileged as I also get to lend my support to an important cause by attending the amfAR dinner when I’m there,” said Frieda.
L’Oreal will introduce its first dream team of three renowned make-up artists - Karim Rahman, Billy B and Rie Omoto - who will design exclusive make-up looks for all the spokeswomen, jury members and actresses.
Other L’Oreal spokespeople attending Cannes this year are Cheryl Cole, Eva Longoria, Gwen Stefani, Claudia Schiffer, Patrick Dempsey, Diane Kruger, Jane Fonda, Milla Jovovich, Aimee Mullins, Laetitia Casta, Paz Vega, Fan Binging, Ximena Navarrete, Zhang Zilin, Ines de la Fressange, Gong Li, Doutzen Kroes and Li Bing Bing.
- Aishwarya in aid of AIDS at Cannes - May 14, 2012
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- Leave Ash alone, say fans - Jun 01, 2012
- Not styling Ash for Cannes red carpet: Sabyassachi - May 20, 2012
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Saif excited about walking red carpet at Cannes - May 05, 2011
- Freida's skin tone not altered, says L'Oreal - Sep 29, 2011
- Minissha Lamba to walk the red carpet at Cannes - Apr 29, 2011
- Look Like Sonam Kapoor With L'Oreal's New Aisha Collection - Jul 17, 2010
- Designers give thumbs up to Ash's Cannes outfit - May 13, 2011
- Cole's 150-minute Cannes visit - May 20, 2012
- Sonam made a brave choice for Cannes red carpet: Designers - May 17, 2011
- L’Oreal: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Still Continues To Be Our Spokesperson! - Jan 11, 2011
- Aishwarya not behind Sonam's broken Cannes dream - May 18, 2009
- Looking forward to work with Kabir again: Katrina Kaif (Movie Snippets) - May 08, 2011
Tags: absolute pleasure, aishwarya rai, beautiful women, cannes international film festival, cosmetic brand, dream team, filmmakers, freida, indian actresses, indian beauties, international film festival, l oreal, l oreal paris, opening ceremony, paris international, reality thanks, red carpet, red carpets, sonam kapoor, spokeswoman