Archana Kochhar’s special designs for summer brides (With Image)March 9th, 2012 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) Are you set to walk down the aisle this summer but confused about what to wear? Archana Kochhar offers a solution with her new bridal collection - Summer Bride 2012.
“Looking different and glamorous at wedding is the dream of every young girl and my collection will satisfy the needs of women of today. My design philosophy revolves around making my client’s personality shine and with my latest bridal collection. The girls will not only get a chance to look traditional but glamorous too,” Kochhar told IANS.
The designer is quite popular among Bollywood glitterati - Kangana Ranaut, Ayesha Takia, Soha Ali Khan, Zeenat Aman, Mughda Ghodse, Dia Mirza and Mahima Choudhary are among her clients. She feels new age women are open to experimentation when it comes to keeping their wardrobe fashionable.
“Today’s women don’t want that signature red and maroon shades and this is why my colour palette revolves around shades of neon pink and orange minimally embellished with applique work and sprinkled with crystal stones,” she added.
Kochhar’s bridal collection offers kaftans, lehenga-cholis, saris and anarkali suits in fabrics like fluid viscose georgette, silk, chiffon, colorado, net, satin and velvet.
“I love to make and design grand clothes. I believe that clothes are a celebration; they bring joy to us and bring out happy and exquisite moments when one wears them and this is what the summer bride will do,” she added.
Price starts from Rs.50,000 and the new collection is available at Kochhar’s store in Mumbai.
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- Kangana Models For J. J. Valaya - Jul 24, 2010
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image) - Apr 05, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Kaftans, dresses: Designers Isha-Kartikeya's summer offering (With Images) - May 29, 2011
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Itsy-bitsy cholis spice up Bollywood (Feature) - Dec 03, 2011
- Not mere tailors, Indian designers hit back - May 13, 2012
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Go for stylish holiday wear this summer (With Image) - Mar 29, 2012
- Esha Deol wants to be a 'runaway bride' - Mar 27, 2010
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Manish Malhotra to promote Indian crafts, craftsmen at LFW - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: age women, anarkali, archana kochhar, ayesha takia, bridal collection, colour palette, crystal stones, design philosophy, dia mirza, georgette, glitterati, kangana ranaut, mahima choudhary, rs 50, saris, satin and velvet, silk chiffon, soha ali khan, young girl, zeenat aman