Anxious about board exams? Call CBSE helpline from SundayJanuary 31st, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 31 (IANS) To help students overcome anxiety and stress during board exams, several helpline numbers of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will start functioning Sunday.As a part of the board’s outreach programme this year, it will start telephonic counselling, question-answer columns in newspapers, interactive voice response system (IVRS) and online counselling through the CBSE website.
“All the above modes of communication will remain open from Feb 1 to Apr 2 with a view to reach out to more and more examinees and their parents during the board exams,” CBSE communication officer Rama Sharma said.
There are about 39 helpline centres in India and four abroad - Kuwait, Dubai, Doha and Sharjah - that will cater to the queries round the clock of students appearing for the board exams.
“For the first time, CBSE has included special educators to take care of the specially abled children from centres located at Mumbai and Delhi,” Sharma said.
“This year as many as 43 principals, trained counsellors from CBSE affiliated schools, psychologists and social scientists will operate the helplines individually from India and overseas,” she said.
- CBSE starts counselling for board exams - Jan 31, 2012
- CBSE starts counselling to reduce exam stress - Feb 01, 2010
- Anxious about board results? Call CBSE helpline - May 20, 2009
- Exam time: Another helpline for stressed students - Feb 10, 2012
- Ajmer, Chennai, Panchkula Class 10 CBSE results Tuesday - May 25, 2009
- Exam time: Dial a helpline to overcome stress - Feb 06, 2012
- CBSE opens helpline for Gulf students - Feb 02, 2010
- CBSE issues revised counsellor list for students abroad - Feb 28, 2012
- CBSE board students cope with last minute jitters - Feb 28, 2010
- Delhi, Allahabad, Guwahati region Class 10 CBSE results Friday - May 28, 2009
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls as results are declared - May 23, 2011
- Nervous about results? Call the CBSE helpline - May 20, 2010
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls from anxious students - Feb 23, 2009
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls from anxious students - May 21, 2009
Tags: affiliated schools, answer columns, board exams, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, communication officer, doha, helpline numbers, helplines, interactive voice response, interactive voice response system, ivrs, modes of communication, outreach programme, principals, psychologists, rama, sharjah, social scientists, voice response system