AnxietyJuly 12th, 2008 - 9:37 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Anxiety which effects with daily life is abnormal. This type of anxiety may be a symptom , such as depression. Anxiety can cause physical and emotional symptoms. A specific situation or fear can cause some or all of these symptoms for a short time.
Physical symptoms of anxiety includes:
* Trembling, twitching, or shaking.
* Feeling of fullness in the throat or chest.
* Sweating or cold, clammy hands.
* Muscle tension, aches.
* Extreme tiredness.
* Sleep problems, such as the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, early waking.
Emotional symptoms of anxiety include:
* Restlessness, irritability, or feeling on edge or keyed up.
* Worrying too much.
* Fearing that something bad is going to happen; feeling doomed.
* Inability to concentrate; feeling like your mind goes blank.
Anxiety disorders occur when people have both physical and emotional symptoms. Anxiety disorders interfere on how a person gets along with others Some example of anxiety disorder may include panic attacks, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Phobias are extreme and irrational fears that interfere with daily life. People with phobias have fears that are out of proportion to real danger. And although these people are aware that their fears are not rational, they are not able to control them.
Phobias are common and are sometimes present with other conditions, such as panic disorder or Tourette’s disorder. Most people deal with phobias by avoiding the situation or object that causes them to feel panic (avoidance behavior).
A phobic disorder occurs when the avoidance behavior becomes so extreme that it interferes with your ability to participate in your daily activities. There are three main types of phobic disorders:
* Fear of being alone or in public places where help might not be available or escape is impossible (agoraphobia)
* Fear of situations where the individual might be exposed to criticism by others (social phobia)
- Fear of colour? Here's how to cure it - Apr 08, 2012
- Fearing something magnifies its hold on you - Feb 23, 2012
- Anxiety disorder common in people with Tourette syndrome - Jun 18, 2010
- New breathing therapy reduces panic and anxiety - Dec 21, 2010
- Symptoms of Fear - Oct 13, 2009
- Discovery may help target Alzheimer's better - Jul 26, 2012
- Harsh parenting 'can impair kids' emotional development' - Sep 22, 2010
- Do chinks in brain make you ill at ease? - Feb 11, 2011
- Drug cuts fear caused by previous traumatic experiences in mice - Jan 13, 2011
- Flashing brain with light can erase fear - Mar 10, 2011
- Why being grossed out by poo is good for you! - Jan 04, 2011
- OCD linked to common childhood illness - Oct 21, 2010
- British dogs to get anti-depressants - Jun 25, 2012
- Childhood cancer survivors 4 times more prone to post-traumatic stress disorder - May 04, 2010
- Why some people may be more or less prone to anxiety disorders - Feb 10, 2011