ANKY to present classic men’s wear in new avatarAugust 26th, 2010 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 26 (IANS) Mother-daughter designer duo Anjana and Ankita Bhargav has reworked on classical designs of men’s wear by giving it a contemporary look and will unveil it at the upcoming Van Heusen India Men’s Week (VHIMW).
The designer duo of label ANKY will be showcasing for the first time at the VHIMW, opening Friday.
Looking at a void in the semi-formal club lounge, the duo has churned out a collection that one can wear for a Friday night out or for relaxed outings with friends and also at a friend’s wedding.
“We have focused more on shirts. Though our line does have some drop crotch pants, we have reworked on classical designs through out-of-context use of fabrics and given it a new dimension,” Anjana told IANS.
The two have only various shades of white for this line with innovative built-up collar and out of proportion layering. Fabrics used in the line are soft cottons, hand crushed silks and pashmina-tussar mix.
“The traditional kurta has also been given a new dimension. Our line has kurta inspired shirts, a lot of 3-D pockets have been used and we have experimented a lot with collars,” Anjana said.
The two will showcase 25 sets on the ramp and the collection is priced between Rs.3,500 for a shirt to Rs.22,000 for a shirt-trouser set.
- Classic silhouettes inspire Ankita-Anjana for men's fashion week - Aug 29, 2011
- Socks turn shoes, shirts go topsy-turvy at VHIMW - Sep 03, 2011
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- 17 brands to participate in India Mens Week - Aug 21, 2011
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- 17 designers to showcase couture at men's fashion week - Aug 07, 2010
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- Diminish boundaries, generate business: Men's fashion week's motto - Aug 26, 2010
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Traditional fabrics turn sensual in Tahiliani's show - Sep 03, 2011
- Rohit Gandhi-Rahul Khanna showcase travellers collection - Aug 29, 2010
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
Tags: anjana, avatar, bhargav, classic men, classical designs, fabrics, friday night, India, kurta, mother daughter, New Delhi, new dimension, pockets, proportion, ramp, shades of white, showcase, van heusen