Angler hooks scuba diver instead of fishAugust 19th, 2011 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 19 (IANS) An angler on a beach in Britain was thrilled when he hooked something that he thought was a monster of a catch. Little did he realise that he had actually landed a scuba diver!
John Goldfinch, 61, was fishing for mackerel. Suddenly he felt a hard tug on the end of his line and battled to reel it in. But what he had hooked was actually a scuba diver. The diver had been swimming nearly 50ft offshore and Goldfinch’s fishing hook was embedded right in the crotch of his wetsuit, Daily Express reported.
The stricken diver’s girlfriend surfaced, carefully removed the hook and handed it back to Goldfinch.
The diver couple, meanwhile, swam off to continue their dive at Budleigh Salterton, a small town on the south coast of Devon, England before the surprised angler could have a chance to apologise.
Goldfinch, from nearby port town Exmouth, was fishing from the beach with his friends.
He said: “My mates were falling around laughing. I said ’sorry mate, I didn’t see you’ and he just said it was very murky down there.”
- UK 'sexual abuse victim' exhumed 22 years after suicide - Apr 13, 2011
- Goa takes to fishing, hook, line and sinker - Aug 19, 2010
- Propelled by shutdowns, Kashmiris 'fish' for pastime at Dal (Feature)(With Images) - Mar 07, 2012
- Game for trout! Anglers ready for Manali contest - Sep 09, 2010
- Man survives shark attack in Australia - Feb 13, 2011
- It's time for trout fishing in Himachal streams - May 29, 2011
- Grandmother, 90, weds toyboy, 73, in Britain - Mar 22, 2011
- Fish know to avoid the spearguns - Mar 22, 2011
- Water movements can shape fish evolution - Feb 05, 2010
- Divers Rescue Shark Caught With Frisbee Around Its Neck - Mar 05, 2010
- Light blue wetsuit may save divers from colour-blind sharks - Jan 20, 2011
- Test your nerves against sport fish in Himachal - Mar 11, 2012
- 'Raaz 3' will be blockbuster, predicts Mahesh Bhatt (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Feb 01, 2012
- Kate Moss scared of fish - Aug 25, 2011
- Angler eats huge sea bass that could have been a record breaker - Nov 08, 2011