Amarnath Samiti and J-K Govt to meet for talksAugust 28th, 2008 - 2:46 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Aug 28 (ANI): The four-member panel appointed by Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra will hold a meeting with the Shri Amarnath Yatra Sangharsh Samiti (SAYSS) later this evening.
The Samiti spokesperson said Convenor Leela Karan Sharma has received invitation from the panel, headed by Advisor to J-K Governor S S Bloeria, for fourth round of talks to be held at a Guest House here at 4:30 p.m.
The group, spearheading the agitation over the revocation of the order alloting land to Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, has already submitted written demands to the Governor’’s panel.
It had had earlier held three rounds of talks with the panel on August 23. But the talks remained inconclusive.
The fourth round was to be held on Tuesday, but the Samiti refused to come to the table, citing highhandedness of police and security forces during its 12- hour chakka jam protest on Monday.
A five-point agenda had been set for the talks included reconstitution of the Amarnath Shrine Board, clarifying in appropriate details, the role and duties of the Shrine Board, assessment of the total requirement of land by the Shrine Board and working out an arrangement for use of 100 acres of land at Baltal-Domail by the SASB during the period of yatra.
The Governor’’s panel includes Vice Chancellor of Jammu University Professor Amitabh Mattoo, former judge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Justice (Retd) G D Sharma and Principal Secretary to Governor and Chief Executive Officer of Sri Amarnath Shrine Board B B Vyas.
The Samiti’’s committee consists of Tilak Raj Sharma, Brigadier (Retd) Suchet Singh, Narinder Singh and Pawan Kohli. (ANI)
- Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to meet Governors panel today - Aug 29, 2008
- Talks between panel and Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to be held today - Aug 30, 2008
- Curfew relaxed in Kashmir Valley - Aug 30, 2008
- Amarnath samiti calls Jammu bandh Saturday - Jul 02, 2010
- Talks with Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti put off again; life remains paralysed - Aug 29, 2008
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- Amarnath land row: J-K Govt., Sangharsh Samiti sign agreement - Aug 31, 2008
- SC sets up panel to study Amarnath deaths - Jul 20, 2012
- Sri Sri on panel to decide Amarnath pilgrimage duration - Jul 23, 2011
- Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti reacts tough on J-K peace formula - Aug 30, 2008
- Pilgrims cannot start Amarnath Yatra before June 25 - Jun 23, 2012
- Finally a solution to Amarnath land row (Third Lead) - Aug 31, 2008
- Panel formed for talks, agitators want land transfer first (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 07, 2008
- Preparations for 2012 Amarnath pilgrimage begin - Oct 16, 2011
- Talks begin on Amarnath land row - Aug 23, 2008