Alistair Carr leaves Pringle of ScotlandApril 27th, 2012 - 2:16 am ICT by IANS
London, April 27 (IANS) Designer Alistair Carr is leaving luxury label Pringle of Scotland after spending over a year as its design director.
Carr was appointed the design director of Pringle of Scotland in March last year, succeeding Clare Waight Keller, who left for Paris label Chloe, reports telegraph.co.uk
The British label’s future collections will be created by its existing in-house team.
The decision to part ways was said to be a mutual decision.
Jean Fang, Pringle’s chief executive officer, also revealed that the label plans to focus on smaller presentations over catwalk shows, and concentrate on its luxury cashmere and wool through small-scale retail stores.
“I want to thank Alistair for all his great efforts and contributions at Pringle. We will miss him, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavours,” said Fang.
- Eco-friendly interiors the new mantra - Jun 20, 2012
- Sarah Burton launches second McQueen collection - Jan 20, 2011
- Gaultier's show infuriates Winehouse's father - Jan 28, 2012
- Suneet Varma to bring Armani Junior to India - Nov 29, 2011
- Pakistan fashion fraternity eyes franchises, collaborations in India - Apr 16, 2012
- Why India must become more aware of product designs (June 29 is World Industrial Design Day) - Jun 28, 2012
- Indian tycoons to buy 'world's most expensive suit' - Dec 11, 2010
- Corporate backing must for fashion brands: Designers - Apr 04, 2012
- Clothes were the real stars of Delhi Couture Week (Review) (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 26, 2010
- Cashmere now added to toilet paper! - Feb 17, 2010
- Designer gives sari the Dutch touch (With Image) - Aug 16, 2012
- Top-notch luxe fashion designers discuss emerging trends - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian menswear brands holding own against international labels - Aug 06, 2012
- Sotheby's to celebrate 25 years of designers Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla (With Image) - Jul 17, 2012
- NAFED to market coconut products in India and abroad - May 26, 2010
Tags: alistair, british label, cashmere, chief executive officer, chloe, collections, design director, endeavours, london, mutual decision, paris, pringle of scotland, retail stores, telegraph, waight