Akshay Kumar launches Ritu Beri’s kids collectionFebruary 1st, 2009 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) Dressed as junior versions of a princess, a diva and as little sardars doing the “Singh is Kinng” signature routine, 70 children scorched the ramp Sunday evening for Ritu Beri’s kids collection launched by Bollywood star Akshay Kumar. Named ‘Baby Beri’, the collection is Beri’s line of occasion wear for kids segregated in three sub-divisions - Beri Princess, Rock Star Babes and Bollywood Divas.
“Designing kids’ clothing is a playful and joyful experience. The endeavour is to showcase designs that are stylish, trendy and comfortable all at the same time. The idea is to bring out the youthfulness and cheerfulness of kids,” Beri said here.
Akshay, who joined the children on the ramp, said: “I remember when I was a kid, I had only three pairs of clothes. But, looking at them dressed in such colourful clothes today was so beautiful. I feel Ritu should launch a men’s collection too to have some variety for men.”
Sponsored by Fortis La Femme, the event was dedicated to The Blessed Hearts Foundation, a charity for children.
While the collections from the event were Beri’s contribution to the foundation, the actor also donated an undisclosed amount for the cause.
- Akshay Kumar opens Ritu Beri''s kids fashion show - Feb 02, 2009
- Beyond designing, Ritu Beri eyes lifestyle space - Aug 02, 2012
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012
- Ritu Beri becomes showstopper of her show at WIFW - Mar 29, 2010
- Shobha De Walks The Ramp For Ritu Beri's Retro Label At WLIFW - Oct 26, 2010
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Bollywood girls dazzle in gold at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Ritu Beri's clothes overshadow Abhay Deol at WIFW - Oct 25, 2009
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
- Pallavi Mohan launches kidswear collection - Oct 23, 2010
- Elder Health Care to honour fashion designers Friday - Nov 16, 2010
- Abdullahs host glitterati in aid of Kashmir's children - Apr 25, 2010
- Ritu Kumar's fashion mantra: Innovate, move forward (Interview) - Oct 03, 2010
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, cheerfulness, colourful clothes, diva, endeavour, fortis, hearts foundation, joyful experience, kids clothing, New Delhi, occasion wear, pairs, princess rock, ramp, ritu beri, rock star, s line, showcase designs, sunday evening, youthfulness