Aircraft fuselage decor for Indian takeawayFebruary 1st, 2012 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 1 (IANS) A teenage curry house owner has spent 5,000 pounds on a second-hand aircraft fuselage used in the movie “The Da Vinci Code” to display in the reception of his eatery, Daily Mail reported Wednesday.
But 18-year-old Aleem Gaffer’s plan to spruce up his restaurant backfired when he realised he could not get it inside.
He had to remove the front of the shop and, with six friends, slide the two tonne Hawker jet flight deck into the Indian takeaway in Filton, Bristol.
Aleem wants to decorate the fuselage and use it as a seating area for customers to wait in while their food is prepared.
The young businessman bought the jet as a gift for his aircraft-loving father and to grab the attention of staff at the nearby Airbus factory.
He said: “Airbus employs thousands of staff nearby and many of them have to pass my takeaway each day so I thought (I would) attract more business.”
Aleem, who has worked in the Bristol takeaway since he was 12, took over the business from his father, Bangladesh-born Abdul, 38, last year.
The plane is a Hawker 800XP.
- Hitler's bomber turns up in a Somerset home garden - Jul 20, 2011
- Callous capital? Passersby ignored pleas from injured, bleeding men - Nov 29, 2011
- Newspaper hawker hacked to death by neighbour - Aug 18, 2012
- Qantas A380 flight passengers 'very very lucky' plane didn't explode: Expert - Nov 19, 2010
- Air Namibia orders two Airbus A319s in $161 million deal - Feb 06, 2012
- Husain loved aloo ka paratha at Kolkata dhaba - Jun 10, 2011
- India to integrate indigenous airborne radar in July - Apr 16, 2011
- Coach rams into Go Air plane at Mumbai airport - Dec 29, 2011
- Russian military to use civilian planes - Apr 03, 2012
- Jet Airways introduces mobile ticketing - Jun 24, 2011
- For private jets, corporate India is wind beneath wings - Apr 28, 2011
- Brit tot named after curry house after spicy dish triggers his birth - Oct 01, 2010
- Airbus saw record orders, deliveries in 2011 - Jan 18, 2012
- Two die as plane crashes into lagoon - Mar 16, 2012
- Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five years - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: airbus, aircraft fuselage, aleem, bangladesh, bristol, businessman, curry house, da vinci code, daily mail, filton, flight deck, hawker 800xp, hawker jet, indian takeaway, jet flight, london feb, loving father, tonne