After ‘Fashion’, Mughda Godse walks ramp for Satya PaulMarch 19th, 2009 - 12:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) Though she could not become a celebrity showstopper in her debut movie “Fashion”, model-turned-actor Mughda Godse left the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week audience here impressed as she sashayed down the ramp for label Satya Paul’s designer Puneet Nanda.
Dressed in a colourful sequined sari with dazzling blouse and flashing red lipstick with confidence, Mughda looked her glamorous best while walking the ramp Wednesday night.
“It feels great to be back on ramp after ‘Fashion’. I love colours and Puneet has just given me a dash of every colour. The outfit is just perfect,” Godse told IANS after the show.
The collection was named Maya and was inspired by the illusionary world which was represented by a melange of colours and fabrics.
“The collection is all about colours. It is a collage of various fabrics and colours which are churned into beautiful saris and dresses that represent a fantasy world,” explained Puneet.
“Every theme requires a lot of research and this time too the patterns, the colour riot and melange of different fabrics depict illusion,” he added.
The line had colours ranging from bright orange to yellow, from shimmering blacks to soothing blues and in terms of fabrics, the designer had used brocades, silk and satins.
The collection, with beautiful saris, innovative blouses, backless dresses and flowing gowns, is targeted at Indians across the globe.
Puneet has a bit of advice for fellow designers to beat recession blues and attract buyers.
“One should make garments that are different and appealing to such an extent that buyers are left with no other choice but to go for that piece,” he said.
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Bollywood marks its presence on fourth day at WIFW - Apr 10, 2011
- Fahad Hussayn steals show at Pakistan Bridal Week (With Images) - Dec 20, 2011
- Maria Goretti drapes sari for Payal Singhal's LFW show - Sep 20, 2010
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Arjun gets naughty with Mehr at fashion show - Aug 22, 2010
- Satya Paul designer gives audience bow a miss - Nov 19, 2010
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- From traditional to sexy, blouses get retro makeover - Aug 17, 2011
- Red ramp, muted tones highlight of Seema Singh's show - Nov 20, 2010
Tags: blouse, blouses, bright orange, collage, fabrics, fantasy world, fashion model, fellow designers, garments, illusionary world, india fashion week, melange, ramp, recession blues, red lipstick, sari, saris, satya paul, showstopper, wills lifestyle india fashion week