A mouthful of ‘tricolour’ dishes (With Images)August 13th, 2012 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) This Independence Day, restaurants in the national capital are offering a taste of patriotism with ‘tricolour’ dishe. Cheesecakes to chocolate brownies and hara kababs to achaari paneer tikka, mouth-watering delicacies will be served in colours of the national flag– saffron, white and green.
Like at Zing in The Metropolitan Hotel where one can enjoy a sumptuous three-course tricolour meal.
Relish kulfi, a thali and mocktail - all sporting green, white and saffron colours and priced at Rs.1,200 plus taxes.
“We love our country and want our guests — be it Indians or foreigners — to remember and celebrate the day through the food,” said Rajesh Khanna, the hotel’s head of food and beverage.
“Last year too, we had a colourful menu to salute the Indian flag,” Khanna told IANS.
At Royal China, an unlimited and colourful dimsum brunch is on offer. One can relish steamed prawn dumplings with coriander, vegetarian dumplings, mushroom buns and seafood dumplings in the three colours and wash them down with Chinese tea.
The restaurant is also offering a special chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce in tricolour. The menu is priced at Rs.1,350 per person plus taxes.
“We were looking for a special theme on Independence Day and the tricolour theme was the best. Last year we introduced ‘tricolour’ dishes and mocktails while this year, chocolate brownies in the three colours are the highlight,” says Eric Khoo Thium, the chef.
“Giving such offers on important days helps us fetch footfalls. It also allows us to participate in the patriotic fervour,” he says.
Khaaja Chowk restaurant too is celebrating Aug 15 with special vegetarian and non-vegetarian kebab boxes– each carrying 20 pieces.
Vegetarians can enjoy hara kababs and achaari paneer tikka priced at Rs.549 plus taxes.
Those who love non-vegetarian dishes can try galauti kababs, murg malai tikka and chicken tikka and many more for Rs.649 plus taxes.
Blues bar and restaurant is not only offering a tricolour menu but also a ‘tricolour’ ambience.
It serves ‘tricolour’ lasagne, chilli chicken with steam rice, non-vegetarian pasta with arrabiata, bolognaise sauce, garlic bread and biryani. The decor of the place has been changed to match the day’s mood. It is offering 60 percent discount on the menu.
“We have done up the place with kites and balloons in tricolour to give the visitor a patriotic feel,” says Sammir Chawla, the bar and restaurant’s owner.
Those who have a sweet tooth, Mocha has tricolour cheesecakes, priced at Rs.150 plus taxes.
(Aastha Khurana can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thali goes quick-eat in world of corporate bites (With Images) - Aug 21, 2011
- New Italian delights under candlelight at Rhapsody - May 05, 2010
- Special menus in Mumbai hotels for Republic Day - Jan 24, 2012
- Oh jolly, it's Tahitian coco prawns - Aug 12, 2011
- Europe's oldest vegetarian restaurant on culinary crusade (With Images) - Aug 05, 2011
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Spit roasts to kofta, tuck into festive feasts in Delhi - Dec 24, 2010
- Apple in toffee syrup or marshmallows? Take your Easter pick - Apr 05, 2012
- Hillary gets her own platter alongside Bill and Chelsea - Jul 20, 2009
- Food festival from the land of the rising sun (Eating out with IANS) - Jan 21, 2010
- Pakistanis cook a platter, forge cultural bonds - Apr 15, 2012
- Purana Villa offers kebabs, curries with a twist (IANS Food Review, With images) - Mar 20, 2010
- Lucknow's Mughlai dishes quality affected by soaring onion prices - Dec 22, 2010
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Barack's platter: Will it be Obama malai tikka burger? - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: blues bar, chicken tikka, chinese tea, chocolate brownie, chocolate brownies, chocolate sauce, dumplings, eric khoo, footfalls, important days, indian flag, metropolitan hotel, mocktails, national flag, patriotic fervour, rajesh khanna, royal china, thali, three colours, vegetarian dishes