A gastronomic treat for Messi and co.September 1st, 2011 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 1 (IANS) From spaghetti to pasta, pork to beef - the Argentine soccer team led by football magician Lionel Messi will be spoilt for choice. The Hyatt Regency hotel here in West Bengal where the team is staying, has laid out a varied spread appealing to the taste buds of the Latin American side, an official said Thursday.
The team’s chef Diego Iacovone, who landed in the city in the last week of August, is strictly monitoring the food quality and instructing the hotel cooks on preparing Spanish, particularly Argentine dishes.
With Messi being fond of pork and chicken delicacies, the cooks - most of them his fans - are taking every care to churn out mouth-watering but non-spicy dishes.
Fruit juices, sandwiches, corn flakes and milk are on the breakfast menu, while tuna fish, pork and chicken, apart from pasta and spaghetti, constitute lunch and dinner, the official said.
Messi arrived here Wednesday to play for Friday’s FIFA international friendly tie between Argentina and Venezuela, an event that has captured the imagination of this football-crazy city.
- Indian welcome, Argentine food await Messi & Co - Aug 29, 2011
- Delirious Kolkata welcomes cheerful Messi - Sep 01, 2011
- India trip a memorable one: Argentine coach - Aug 31, 2011
- How Presilla got a photo-op with idol Messi - Sep 01, 2011
- Venezuelans dwarfed by Argentinian star presence - Sep 01, 2011
- Chaos, mismanagement at stadium gates - Sep 02, 2011
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ex-Malay air stewardess runs thriving food business in South India - Mar 28, 2011
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Messi better than Beckham in most parts of games: Sabella - Sep 03, 2011
- Park Hyatt hotel opens in Hyderabad - Apr 27, 2012
- World Cup enters the kitchen - Jun 14, 2010
- No more 'chicken without sex life' in Beijing - Mar 14, 2012
- Absent Messi hogs limelight at media meet - Aug 31, 2011
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: argentine soccer team, breakfast menu, cooks, corn flakes, crazy city, delicacies, fifa international, food quality, fruit juices, hyatt regency hotel, kolkata, latin american, lionel messi, magician, mouth watering, spaghetti, spicy dishes, taste buds, tuna fish, west bengal