A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a rollJuly 21st, 2012 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) Veteran designer Pallavi Jaikishan, who has completed a successful run of 40 years in the fashion industry this year, is set to make her debut at the upcoming edition of Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) and says there are many other things in pipeline, including a book on fashion.
“I have been extremely busy with wedding orders. Hence could not participate in LFW in the past. But now after reaching a milestone, a completion of 40 years in fashion, I thought I would salute LFW by participating in it. It has consistently been a great platform to showcase one’s collection,” Jaikishan told IANS.
Jaikishan, one of the few designers who has promoted khadi in a big way in her pret line, started her fashion journey with her lifestyle boutique Paraphernalia. There was no looking back after that.
It was after she got married to music director Jaikishan Dayabhai Panchal of music composer duo Shankar-Jaikishan, that designing took a bit of a backseat. But after his death in 1971, it was her fashion career that kept her motivated. She is known for her ready to wear, bridal as well as a couture line.
She plans to bring fashion enthusiasts closer to her creations at the LFW winter-festive 2012, which begins in Mumbai Aug 3.
“Keeping the approaching wedding season in mind, the collection shall be very opulent and festive. My inspiration is always a nod towards the nature in its purist form, be it clouds in the horizon, fresh leaves - all flora and fauna,” said Jaikishan.
The designer’s creativity does not stop at garments. She has collaborated with some of the country’s leading interior designers and has conceptualised, designed and created elaborate curtains and drapes to matching bed linen and table linen for her high-end clients.
And next is a book on fashion.
“Lots and lots and lots of work, there is India Bridal Week, Bridal Asia also happening! And least of all starting work on my book on fashion! Today fashion is much easier unlike in our time when things were different, and this is what I will capture in the book,” she said.
- I don't believe in showstoppers: Pallavi Jaikishan - Aug 03, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- A potpourri of business for designers at LFW (Review) - Aug 22, 2011
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- Bridal Asia 2011 to start Sep 30 - Jul 10, 2011
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Regulars give Accessory Show at LFW a miss - Aug 03, 2011
- Alpana-Neeraj drift away from traditional bridal wear - Aug 10, 2010
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- Pallavi Jaikishan goes traditional at LFW - Aug 04, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- JJ Valaya 'clicks' with the LFW audience - Aug 18, 2011
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: backseat, bed linen, curtains and drapes, fashion career, fashion enthusiasts, fashion industry, fashion week, flora and fauna, garments, interior designers, lfw, music composer, music director, nod, panchal, paraphernalia, table linen, veteran designer, wedding orders, wedding season